Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

JAL Flights Completely Gone from Award Searches (resolved)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JAL Flights Completely Gone from Award Searches (resolved)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:59 am

Since AS didn't announce anything about breaking up with JL, I think this is probably just a temporary system issue.
How soon it will be resolved though, no one knows.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by agjil
Since AS didn't announce anything about breaking up with JL, I think this is probably just a temporary system issue.
How soon it will be resolved though, no one knows.
We might recall that there was a "temporary system issue" with AM for the better part of a year, ending in the end of the partnership.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Smile

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
We might recall that there was a "temporary system issue" with AM for the better part of a year, ending in the end of the partnership.
Makes the break up less painful after the relationship had already "drifted apart" many months before
Old Oct 24, 2019, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Except JL domestic is still bookable, so not really the same...
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:07 pm

Anybody know the right way to let AS know this is an issue?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by ManhattanProject
It’s frustrating, isn’t it? There’s Alaska Listens, but it seems like the Ex-VX ppl are staffing that; and not really ‘doing’ anything except making us feel like we’ve been heard.

No idea if Missy D is around here or can be of any insight as of lately.

AS IT is one of the weakest links in the system. I wonder if
Old Oct 24, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
There was someone contributing to this forum who worked in IT for AS a few months back. Can't remember their username and couldn't find from a quick search, but they may be able to help if still active here.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
@ 'em on social media?
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, BA Silver, AC, AF/KL, AV, VS | Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I used the chat function to contact them and the agent recognized that something was wrong when they tried searching day by day and nothing from JAL was coming up. They elevated the issue with their supervisor and let operations know that something has happened - nothing had been reported to them before about the issue so they had no idea. Maybe it's related to trying to stop back tracking though Tokyo that's actually killed all but intra-Japan seats? That's one way to deal with it!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by Robt760
It’s frustrating, isn’t it? There’s Alaska Listens, but it seems like the Ex-VX ppl are staffing that; and not really ‘doing’ anything except making us feel like we’ve been heard.

No idea if Missy D is around here or can be of any insight as of lately.

AS IT is one of the weakest links in the system. I wonder if
I am flying back from Japan in April and while I do have a flight I am not crazy about I was hoping to book something closer in to replace my current flight. As ridiculous as it sounds (and unfortunately based on prior IT issues with AS awards) I am a little concerned it won't be resolved by then.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by TEDisgone
I used the chat function to contact them and the agent recognized that something was wrong when they tried searching day by day and nothing from JAL was coming up. They elevated the issue with their supervisor and let operations know that something has happened - nothing had been reported to them before about the issue so they had no idea. Maybe it's related to trying to stop back tracking though Tokyo that's actually killed all but intra-Japan seats? That's one way to deal with it!
That would make sense however I read elsewhere that AA has lost their JAL inventory as well - makes me think there's more to it than that, but yours is a good theory all the same.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
I spoke with them about 12 hours ago. They said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. It had first been reported on the 22nd.
invalyd and ManhattanProject like this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 7:09 pm

Also just spoke with an AS agent. She said they're aware of the issue but at this point they have no idea why all the inventory disappeared. She said there was no timeline for a fix. Really sucks, as I was planning a trip to Japan last few weeks of November using close-in F availability. Might get screwed.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 9:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I posted on twitter. Rep first told me to call reservations. I asked her to escalate.

Fortunately, my November Tokyo trip is already booked. But this is a massive program devaluation until it gets fixed.

I wonder if the recent change to allow booking on AA website has anything to do with this.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by rtmf
Also just spoke with an AS agent. She said they're aware of the issue but at this point they have no idea why all the inventory disappeared. She said there was no timeline for a fix. Really sucks, as I was planning a trip to Japan last few weeks of November using close-in F availability. Might get screwed.
Same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.