Wiki Posts
Search

Travel During Stopover Question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Travel During Stopover Question

I am thinking of booking a one way ticket from HKG-SEA-HNL and building in a 90 day stopover in Seattle (where I live) to essentially piece 2 vacations together at a lower cost. If I need to travel during that 90 day stopover on Alaska will I run into any issues? Will they cancel the SEA-HNL leg or the newly booked itin since I'm technically nesting tickets?
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crjtraveler
I am thinking of booking a one way ticket from HKG-SEA-HNL and building in a 90 day stopover in Seattle (where I live) to essentially piece 2 vacations together at a lower cost. If I need to travel during that 90 day stopover on Alaska will I run into any issues? Will they cancel the SEA-HNL leg or the newly booked itin since I'm technically nesting tickets?
No worries! You can fly AS as much as you like during the stopover. I had a 2 month stopover in JFK coming off of a JL F award and flew to & from the West Coast during the stopover.

Once the international segments are flown, your AS flight is basically an AS one-way ticket for travel at a future date.

James

ETA: Your future flight can just as easily be to Mexico. Slightly higher taxes & fees but no additional points.
crjtraveler likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You are referring to "nested" tickets and those are not prohibited by AS (or any carrier of which I am aware, unless designed to circumvent a fare rule). Clearly this is not.

For general information, take a look at COC Rule 7(e). Saves a lot of worry.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ Gold, UA Silver, DL Plat, AS MVP, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold
Great! Thanks for the info, I was hoping that was the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.