And now we lose Icelandair from SFO

Old Oct 2, 2019, 5:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s
It may not be AS's decision but they've been getting absolutely hammered by partner changes/cancellations lately.
It is not directly AS' fault, but it does represent one more poor business decision by AS in partnering with a weak carrier. The flip side is that AS may not be able to bring enough to a stronger carrier to desire a partnership or that stronger partner may already have a much broader network partner which brings more to the bottom line.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Out of my Element

And yes, the MAX problem has really hurt Icelandair. They have pulled out and cut back many US markets
Indeed- PDX-KEF season has been shortened with a lot of resulting disruptions.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Eurynom0s;[url=tel:31584710
31584710[/url]]It may not be AS's decision but they've been getting absolutely hammered by partner changes/cancellations lately.
And the AA hammer came down today.....☹️
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by travelinterpreters
We lost it here at MCI too. It was one of VERY few international flights we had.
I saw that in the news yesterday. The MAX grounding was referenced, as were weak bookings.

I found that part odd...I know several people from Kansas City who booked Iceland trips in the past 2 years and they never even deep-discounted the fares. Plus the city guaranteed to cover losses if there were any. I figured the flights were at least breaking even, but my guess is that running 757's on the route isn't sustainable. A slightly smaller and much more cost-effective MAX would have been better.

As far as I know, we're down to one major carrier international flight - a Jazz flight to YYZ. (Not counting the various holiday charters to Cancun, etc.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.