Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-BNA non-stop discontinued in 2020?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
SFO-BNA non-stop discontinued in 2020?

I just poked around for January and I am unable to find the direct BNA/SFO flight I have been taking all year this year. Couldn't easily find an announcement of the route not being a thing anymore either. Wonder if the route is gone or whether the flights are all full and don't show up.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by MeanwhileBackAtFAI
I just poked around for January and I am unable to find the direct BNA/SFO flight I have been taking all year this year. Couldn't easily find an announcement of the route not being a thing anymore either. Wonder if the route is gone or whether the flights are all full and don't show up.
Gone until 21 April 2020 as of now. Schedules that far out are always subject to change.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
It seems in line with all of the other mid-con cancelations. Most West Coast is slowly becoming Only West Coast
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was posted in this thread back in August along with other (mostly seasonal) reductions -- Major Midcon/Transcon Schedule Reduction (Winter 2020)
SFO-PHL/RDU/BNA/BWI all show as returning in March or April.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It seems in line with all of the other mid-con cancelations. Most West Coast is slowly becoming Mostly West Coast
minor adjustment, probably not enough to qualify for a free change
RAD_PDX, Eurynom0s and SJC ORD LDR like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It seems in line with all of the other mid-con cancelations. Most West Coast is slowly becoming Only West Coast
There are a couple different ways of looking at the numbers...but the AS share at SFO went from 9.26% share in 10.17-9.18 to 13.86% in the most recent 6.18-7.19 reporting period. This change seems to largely come from fewer SkyWest flights which probably means regional UA customers have been switching to AS mainline.

Totally not surprised by this: as someone who used to pretty much exclusively fly WN domestic, VX Hawaii and UA domestic long-haul + global, AS has earned my Hawaii + domestic long-haul business. The only issue is that if they keep on dropping mid-con destinations (e.g. MSP, BNA) I'll probably have to drop them to give all of that business to UA, and Hawaii to WN because the combination of internet and my companion pass are hard to beat, even though the seats are less comfortable and no upgrades.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to update this thread, it now seems SFO-BNA and SFO-RDU are not coming back in April and are permanent cuts.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1432515
Old Oct 8, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by xliioper
Just to update this thread, it now seems SFO-BNA and SFO-RDU are not coming back in April and are permanent cuts.

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1432515
Hello Western Airlines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.