Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Free Checked Bag (AS Visa) When Booking With Thank You Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Checked Bag (AS Visa) When Booking With Thank You Points?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Question Free Checked Bag (AS Visa) When Booking With Thank You Points?

I want to book an AA flight with Thank you Points. I have an Alaska Airlines credit card. Can I still get my free checked bag even though I am not using the credit card for the flight?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 11:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by travelfam7700
I want to book an AA flight with Thank you Points. I have an Alaska Airlines credit card. Can I still get my free checked bag even though I am not using the credit card for the flight?

Thanks!
Is this an AA award on AS metal? Your BofA CC baggage fee waiver is tied to your MP account. As long as your AS FF# is in the PNR you should get the waiver. Ask AA for the AS record locator and add it to your AS reservations and call AS to change the FF# in the record to your AS FF#.

James
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I'm guessing you mean AA = Alaska Airlines, in which case, you will get the checked bag as the primary cardholder.

AA = American Airlines
AS = Alaska Airlines
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm guessing you mean AA = Alaska Airlines, in which case, you will get the checked bag as the primary cardholder.

AA = American Airlines
AS = Alaska Airlines
I anticipate then that Thank You points are merely used as a currency to purchase the AS flight. The reference to AA confused me and I thought of it as being a transfer to Advantage for an award redemption. Thanks for the clarification.

James
Old Sep 16, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Whoops, I should really be careful when using abbreviations....

Yes, what I meant to say was I am booking an Alaska Airlines flight using Thank you points. I have the Alaska Airlines credit card and mileage program so I wanted to be sure I got my free checked bag. It sounds like as long as my mileage program # for Alaska is tied to my reservation it will be fine.

Thanks for translating through my error.
Flying for Fun likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.