FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   El Al (LY) Suggestions for Earning AS Miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1986945-el-al-ly-suggestions-earning-miles.html)

Legend717 Sep 11, 2019 7:43 pm

El Al (LY) Suggestions for Earning AS Miles

So I flew El Al this week. It was a good experience!
AS and LY are now partners, as you know.
But there is NO WAY to add an AS Mileage Plan number to an El Al reservation.
Not on El Al’s website/booking engine.
Not by phone.
And the agents at JFK wouldn’t do it, either.
So, how am I supposed to earn my AS miles by flying El Al?!?
It was apparently a Y-class ticket, which would rack up a nice pile of miles...

_fx Sep 11, 2019 7:54 pm

Interesting, because AS's website says you can:

Need to add a Mileage Plan number to an existing reservation? Please visit elal.com, or call EL AL Israel Airlines at 1-800-223-6700 or Tel. 03-9771111 / *2250.

Presumably you can still contact customer service with a boarding pass after the fact for manual credit, but it's of course more convenient to get it automatically.

rustykettel Sep 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Mail a snapshot of your boarding pass, ticket receipt, and Mileage Plan details to [email protected] 14 days after your flight.

Flying for Fun Sep 11, 2019 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel (Post 31516230)
Mail a snapshot of your boarding pass, ticket receipt, and Mileage Plan details to [email protected] 14 days after your flight.

I wouldn't wait 14 days; that would presume that the AS MP was already in the record and a 14 day wait is requested for an automatic credit. In your email, I would just explain that you weren't able to get your MP# added even when requesting to have it added at the time of the flight.

James

safari ari Sep 12, 2019 11:23 am

Sounds like Israeli customer service at its finest :p

formeraa Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am

No, it sounds like a training issue on El Al's part. Their agents were probably not aware of "no-so-tiny-anymore" AS.

Legend717 Sep 13, 2019 12:40 am

Originally Posted by safari ari (Post 31518105)
Sounds like Israeli customer service at its finest :p

Im not trying to take your post too seriously, but I wonder whether I even dealt with El Al employees at the airport.
On the one hand, everybody contracts that stuff to the lowest bidder these days.
On the other hand, EL AL.

Either way, my suggestion was clearly a foreign concept.
But the customer service attitude I received was good, so far!

Eastbay1K Sep 13, 2019 9:29 am

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 31518151)
No, it sounds like a training issue on El Al's part. Their agents were probably not aware of "no-so-tiny-anymore" AS.

While this was likely the case, I experienced the same with LAN after it had been an AS partner for well over a decade, to the point of a rude LIM gate agent snapping at me for a simple request to add the AS #, which wasn't showing on the BP.

Doors Closing Dec 16, 2021 9:31 am

Does crediting LY flight to AS get any better, 30 months nearly since the programs started cooperation? Any chance we ll finally see award redemption for the pair after such a long time?

diver858 Jul 27, 2022 5:33 pm

Booked J seats on ElAl LAX-TLV nonstop for March '23 using the Chase UR portal (fulfill new CSP enrollment bonus, earn 5x points), called ELAl using the number in the post above, agent was able to manually enter our Mileage Plan numbers to the reservation. Should end up with 85k URs, 30k AS miles, 9k AS EQM.

ual744777sta Aug 3, 2022 11:57 pm

Will I earn AS miles for an AA operated flight marketed by El AL?

Flying for Fun Aug 4, 2022 4:44 am

Originally Posted by ual744777sta (Post 34484652)

No, the flight must be marketed & operated. Codeshare flights do not earn in Mileage Plan.

Details

Qualify for mileage accrual
Flights must fall within the eligible flight number range below, and your flight must be marketed and operated by EL AL Israel Airlines. Codeshare flights marketed by EL AL Israel Airlines and operated by another carrier are not eligible to earn miles.
Eligible flight numbers
0 - 999

2000 - 2999

5000 - 5999

To ensure flight credit, the two-letter airline code (LY) must precede the flight number (for example, LY XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass. No miles will be earned for classes of service not listed above.

James

diver858 Aug 4, 2022 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta (Post 34484652)

Why not book flight directly with AA to earn AS miles?

ual744777sta Aug 4, 2022 2:51 pm

Was asking for a friend. The timing on LY worked better. Oh well, my friend doesn't fly much.

diver858 Apr 23, 2023 11:01 am

GF and flew LY from LAX-TLV on 3/28, TLV-CDG on 4/7. Called LY to provide MP numbers shortly after booking.

Mileage for the TLV-CDG flight posted to my account in less than one week, still nothing for TLV-CDG, either flight for my GF. Sent an email with copy of boarding pass and receipt to MP email address on 4/14, have not yet heard back (will be 5 business days tomorrow). Auto response email states up to 8 weeks for partner miles to post, bit anxious as the LAX-TLV flight will qualify me for 2023 MVPG75k (Q1 promo).

Any thoughts?