Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle Thunderstorms sept 7

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum

Originally Posted by nearlysober
It was unlike anything I've ever seen, in Seattle or anywhere else I've been for that matter. I've never been in such an intense concentration of lightning strikes.

Being on approach to Seattle might've been the worst place to be... unfortunately I was in the 2nd worse place: Husky Stadium. The game was delayed for over 2.5 hours and didn't end until after 1AM... with a loss
I have one 3 second clip with 4 rapid strikes. It was crazy.

My brother came up just for the game. Not ideal. We left the stadium around 9:15 and got home in time to see USC beat Stanford and THEN watch the Cal game. Luckily for us it ended with a win.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the pics!

Looks pretty epic.

Hope wx ok tomorrow.
Bellerina likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Nexus / Global Entry
Originally Posted by nearlysober
It was unlike anything I've ever seen, in Seattle or anywhere else I've been for that matter. I've never been in such an intense concentration of lightning strikes.

Being on approach to Seattle might've been the worst place to be... unfortunately I was in the 2nd worse place: Husky Stadium. The game was delayed for over 2.5 hours and didn't end until after 1AM... with a loss
I would have been with you - had to pass on the game because of that work trip. After safely landing and getting home watching the game was a real disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.