Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Dumb question - Transfering Qantas Flight/Miles to Alaska

Old Aug 30, 19, 7:56 am
Original Poster

I'm kicking myself for doing this ... But I flew a bunch with Qantas and I credited the miles to my QF FF account. It's a dumb move because I live in the US and those QF inventory for US residents is very limited.

Is there anyway I can transfer miles from QF to AS and get a reasonable transfer rate?

Or for recent flights (about 2 months again) which I credited to my QF account can I get a do-over(!) and say to credit them to my AS account?

Thanks!

Last edited by usedtobeimportant; Aug 30, 19 at 8:02 am
Old Aug 30, 19, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
No and no. Airline miles aren’t currency, it’s not like changing USD to AUD.
Old Aug 30, 19, 9:16 am
_fx

Programs: AS MVPG
You can try contacting customer service, saying you entered the wrong program, and asking them to “un-credit” the miles. You could then re-credit to AS.

I’ve had success with this in the past, although it was with AA, not QF. Probably works better if the flights are somewhat recent.
Old Aug 30, 19, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by usedtobeimportant View Post
I'm kicking myself for doing this ... But I flew a bunch with Qantas and I credited the miles to my QF FF account. It's a dumb move because I live in the US and those QF inventory for US residents is very limited.

Is there anyway I can transfer miles from QF to AS and get a reasonable transfer rate?

Or for recent flights (about 2 months again) which I credited to my QF account can I get a do-over(!) and say to credit them to my AS account?
You can use QF ff points for (saver) award flights on AA & AS.
Depending on how may QF ff points you have may be useful for some short flights (better than using your cash money)
QF ff points will expire if no eligible activity in 18 months
https://www.qantas.com/au/en/frequen...se-points.html

Search this Thread