Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

When does online booking calendar open for AS flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever comes with CCs

Does anybody know what time of the day AS opens calendar for booking 330 days out? I'm looking for an award SFO area to OGG On July 31st next year. Right now the schedule is open till July 24th. I'd like to try and get a couple of award seats booked the moment the schedule opens. I don't know if it happens at Midnight PST or another time. If anybody has info, please let me know.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Does anybody know what time of the day AS opens calendar for booking 330 days out? I'm looking for an award SFO area to OGG On July 31st next year. Right now the schedule is open till July 24th. I'd like to try and get a couple of award seats booked the moment the schedule opens. I don't know if it happens at Midnight PST or another time. If anybody has info, please let me know.
The problem with booking award flts the minute they become available is that they are very expensive, 40K>50K one way. If you wait 4>7 days you'll see lower costs, 17.5K>25K, or so. Don't be in a hurry. They won't disappear.
mintcilantro likes this.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 28, 2019 at 11:31 pm
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Agreed. That's the trend I was seeing as well. So I might have to wait a few days. I'd just like to know how much so I can login at that time and book for 17.5k or 12.5k Avios.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It doesn't seem to be 330 days out every day. On Friday, I could see partner award flights up through Thu 25 Nov but nothing for Fri 26 Nov onwards. On Saturday, the same thing. On Sunday, the same thing. Do they only update once a week, do they only update on workdays, or what is the schedule?

The partner airlines shown there (including AA) are several days beyond that in their 330 day out published schedules, and I can see the partner availability to other airlines on AwardNexus several days beyond that too. So it seems to be Alaska's own calendar limitation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.