Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New/Revisited AS West Coast Route Expansion (2020) Pacific NW to California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New/Revisited AS West Coast Route Expansion (2020) Pacific NW to California

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 5:18 pm

AS presence at BUR shriveling up. Joining ONT and OAK (and of course LGB) as the ignored secondary airports in CA.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler
Finally.......SFO to RDM! UA’s has a monopoly on this for years.
And up against both UA & AA on RDM-LAX. I wonder how much this is speculative.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 10:00 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
Originally Posted by ucdtim17
AS presence at BUR shriveling up. Joining ONT and OAK (and of course LGB) as the ignored secondary airports in CA.
F9 recently announced EWR-ONT nonstop service https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ies/2125007001
Old Aug 29, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
JSX just sent a flash sale email OAK/BFI. That would be my first choice, price similar, to and from Seattle.
Boraxo and PotomacApproach like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I'd love to see either an early morning PDX-BUR that lands right at 7 am, or a late evening PDX-BUR. The curfew rules out anything getting in after 10pm, but given the loads when I fly out of BUR, I'd suspect they could fill a morning E75 PDX-BUR.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
These are great additions especially for my RDM friends but sad to see a PNW expansion that excludes PDX..
Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
And up against both UA & AA on RDM-LAX. I wonder how much this is speculative.
How on earth can RDM support three different airlines operating RDM-LAX ?
This is a route destined for failure.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CZBB
How on earth can RDM support three different airlines operating RDM-LAX ?
This is a route destined for failure.
The question is if RDM can support 3 flights a day to LAX, and it probably can. UA, AA, and AS are all just 1x daily.

Keep in​​​ mind that MFR will have 4.5 daily flights to LAX next summer. It's possible RDM has been underserved.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
...and the re-inaugural of ANC-SFO April 21 has been cut Just checked EF and its no longer listed.

I know, not a big surprise with the virus, but still did hold out some hope for dim sum.

Wonder if AS will fly this route nonstop at all this season? Wonder if I should try to get moved to it?

And when I try to pull up my res:

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com
Due to flight schedule changes, manual assistance is required on this reservation. Call Alaska Airlines at 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) at your earliest convenience.
Only my 2nd trip of the month to go down the tubes. One left
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
...and the re-inaugural of ANC-SFO April 21 has been cut Just checked EF and its no longer listed.

I know, not a big surprise with the virus, but still did hold out some hope for dim sum.

Wonder if AS will fly this route nonstop at all this season? Wonder if I should try to get moved to it?

Not many places for dim sum open, take out only, and you'd be lucky to find a hotel room in which to eat your food, which will be cold by the time you get there. Stay away! See you in a few months. I expect this route isn't going to be here this year, as I expect that the Princess Petridish, the Carnival COVID, and the Royal Carribean Cemetery of the Seas won't need a lot of AS feed in the event that any of these fine boats operate.
ACBLtd, NoLaGent and rustykettel like this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I expect this route isn't going to be here this year, as I expect that the Princess Petridish, the Carnival COVID, and the Royal Carribean Cemetery of the Seas won't need a lot of AS feed in the event that any of these fine boats operate.
Did you forget the Zaan-damned?

James
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa

Spoke too soon...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32265277-post196.html

Other FT thread referencing ANC-SFO here:

Strange email: "more good things are coming to the Bay Area."
Old Apr 5, 2020, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Not many places for dim sum open, take out only, and you'd be lucky to find a hotel room in which to eat your food, which will be cold by the time you get there. Stay away! See you in a few months. I expect this route isn't going to be here this year, as I expect that the Princess Petridish, the Carnival COVID, and the Royal Carribean Cemetery of the Seas won't need a lot of AS feed in the event that any of these fine boats operate.
Very much aware of this- one of my favorite spots is "take out only" a tiny counter- cheap, but soo tasty.

Hope they make it through. Glad I got to try it one last time in February.

And suspect the route might not make it... and may not resurface, anytime soon.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Did you forget the Zaan-damned?

James
They fly WN.
NoLaGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.