Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AS1354 (SFO-BOS) Aug 14, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
AS1354 (SFO-BOS) Aug 14, 2019

Does anyone know what the root cause of the 2hr+ delay is for this flight?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Looks to be mechanical.
twitch76 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
Thanks. I anticipated as much, as the airplane configuration changed from a non-refitted Airbus to a refitted Airbus sometime this morning between the scheduled and actual departures.

Second question: If my flight (1049 BOS-SAN) is delayed for 2 hrs because of this, is there any likelihood of a customer service gesture?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by twitch76
Second question: If my flight (1049 BOS-SAN) is delayed for 2 hrs because of this, is there any likelihood of a customer service gesture?

yes, but very small, and probably not automatically forthcoming

if I were you, I’d just accept the fact that a 2-hour delay because of maintenance on the inbound jet (with or without a tail swap) falls into the “stuff happens” category
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks. That’s basically my thoughts too. I may ask... especially if the luggage doesn’t show up in 20 and the baggage office is closed.

Now... if they don’t have a gate for us when we arrive...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.