UX Research - Managing Your Travel

Old Aug 13, 19, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
UX Research - Managing Your Travel

Received an email this morning from someone on the UX team in the e-commerce department at AS looking to schedule a 45-60 minute virtual video session to: "find ways to enhance our guests' digital experience to provide better travel experiences. We want to understand how and why our guests manage and customize their trip. This interview will include questions about how you prepare for a flight and manage your reservation, as well as an online activity in which you'll be sorting items that you'll typically find when viewing your reservation." They're providing 3000 miles or a $75 Amazon gift card as compensation following completion.

I'm not able to participate during the dates/times provided, but curious how many others got the same invite, and am interested to hear what they're trying to change/improve.
Old Aug 13, 19, 1:42 pm

Nope.

$75 isn't much but it is for me much more valuable than the 3000 points.

By the way, not long ago I did get a lengthy recent survey from Qualtrics and Kantar TNS. No compensation offered for filling it out.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Red Lion Gold
Um. With $75, you can buy more than 3K miles when they are on sale. And miles donít cost them anything - makes this sound fishy. At least to me.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold75K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott LTG, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PaperGlider View Post
Nope.

$75 isn't much but it is for me much more valuable than the 3000 points.

By the way, not long ago I did get a lengthy recent survey from Qualtrics and Kantar TNS. No compensation offered for filling it out.
Got that same ~15 minute survey yesterday.

No comp as expected. Unfort my Alaska Lounge survey from last month expired
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:57 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, UA PP, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by mikexner View Post
Um. With $75, you can buy more than 3K miles when they are on sale. And miles donít cost them anything - makes this sound fishy. At least to me.
Um, AS miles can only be bought in blocks of 1,000 at $27.50 + Tax per block. During sales, <10K are never discounted. To purchase 3000 AS miles it is $86.19.

As an MVPG75K I would have taken the $75 voucher and used it to purchase a flight to maximize EQM. You could fly Saver SEA-LAX for $79 and earn 954 EQM and 2147 RDM. Much better value there.

James

EDIT: Didn't realize it was an Amazon gift card. However, you still can't purchase 3K MP Miles for $75.
be_rettSEA and jsguyrus like this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 4:16 am

Programs: Alaska 75K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt, BonWhut?
I did a similar interview/video chat/ux thing on booking awards. It was good fun and received a 100 dollar amazon gift card.

Search this Thread