EQM calculation apps?

Old Aug 12, 19, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
EQM calculation apps?

I have seen many of the members post about using homemade spreadsheets to calculate the best MRs, RDMs EQMs and so on. I have one I made also but I have often thought it would be great to have an app for this. I searched tonight to try and find one the only I could find that looked like it did what I was looking for was “flight miles” but when downloading I realized it only does it for three airlines and Alaska is not one.

Anyone know of any apps for alaksa or have you used flight miles is it worth while?

i think it is a pretty neat idea be able to enter a route and the cost and have it auto calculate all your stats, and give you a “Mile run rating” maybe even become an outlet to market great MR deals. Any web developers on here I can pay to design this if it doesn’t already exist? Lol
Old Aug 12, 19, 6:21 pm
_fx

Programs: AS MVPG
I have thought about building something like this a few times, but everyone seems to already have a spreadsheet, and Excel does work quite well for this purpose ... so I wasn't exactly sure what the value-add would be (other than saving you a quick Google search for the mileage between 2 new cities).
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I think the biggest benefit if it was possible to do would be if a search algorithm could be created to where it was constantly pulling flight pricing based on your target miles to dollar ratio and everytime something hit that target you got a notification. That would be pretty damn sweet.
Old Aug 21, 19, 3:17 pm
_fx

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by StephanP37 View Post
I think the biggest benefit if it was possible to do would be if a search algorithm could be created to where it was constantly pulling flight pricing based on your target miles to dollar ratio and everytime something hit that target you got a notification. That would be pretty damn sweet.
For specific routes/dates? Google Flights basically does this now. Just set the price slider to whatever your ratio is. If you mean in general, I don't think you'll ever find better value than West coast to NYC transcons in the off-season, which frequently price in the low $100s (sometimes even sub-$100) for ~2400 miles. Don't need an algorithm for that.
Old Aug 22, 19, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by _fx View Post
For specific routes/dates? Google Flights basically does this now. Just set the price slider to whatever your ratio is. If you mean in general, I don't think you'll ever find better value than West coast to NYC transcons in the off-season, which frequently price in the low $100s (sometimes even sub-$100) for ~2400 miles. Don't need an algorithm for that.
yeah I guess that you’re right most people wouldn’t care about the EQM unless they needed to fly that route and if they did need to fly that route they’d already be looking and wouldn’t need the notification. So it would really only benefit the small few that need a MR purely for the miles and don’t care where they’re going to.

Search this Thread