Q400s reentering the fleet

Old Aug 8, 19, 1:34 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,697
Q400s reentering the fleet

For all of those Q400 lovers, AS are bringing back three that had already left the fleet. Presumably to allow for trickle up to deal with delayed MAX9s

Alaska plans return of turboprops as Boeing 737 Max jet deliveries delayed
https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...oeing-737.html
CZBB is offline  
Old Aug 8, 19, 2:51 pm
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 17,150
Alaska also revealed that the airline also has called "cancelable purchase commitments" for 30 Airbus A320neo deliveries from 2023 through 2025.

eponymous_coward is online now  
Old Aug 8, 19, 3:25 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post
Alaska also revealed that the airline also has called "cancelable purchase commitments" for 30 Airbus A320neo deliveries from 2023 through 2025.

Those 30 Airbus have been around since the VX days. Original first delivery was in 2020, up until the latest update the revised first delivery was 2022. Now it is 2023 so I am not sure we will ever see those busses in AS color.
SNAnghbr is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:31 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 197
Which financial report is referenced in this article? The article is behind a paywall so I can’t read it. Does it mention anything about A319 retirements?
ASA_1 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 2:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 54
Originally Posted by ASA_1 View Post
Which financial report is referenced in this article? The article is behind a paywall so I can’t read it. Does it mention anything about A319 retirements?
Finance report link below. Thre only mention for the A319 was a repeT of the conference call stating that three A319/320 aircraft were being returned this year
http://investor.alaskaair.com/sec-filings/sec-filing/10-q/0000766421-19-000042
SNAnghbr is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 11:26 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 8,340
Originally Posted by CZBB View Post
For all of those Q400 lovers, AS are bringing back three that had already left the fleet. Presumably to allow for trickle up to deal with delayed MAX9s

Alaska plans return of turboprops as Boeing 737 Max jet deliveries delayed
https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...oeing-737.html

are they going to remove the “proudly” from their “proudly all Boeing” stickers?
jjmadison and mildfrequence like this.
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 11:35 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 13,110
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
are they going to remove the “proudly” from their “proudly all Boeing” stickers?
channa has already fixed it ...
jrl767 is online now  
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:09 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ballard, WA (SEA/PAE/LKE)
Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Posts: 7,734
Originally Posted by CZBB View Post
For all of those Q400 lovers, AS are bringing back three that had already left the fleet. Presumably to allow for trickle up to deal with delayed MAX9s

Alaska plans return of turboprops as Boeing 737 Max jet deliveries delayed
https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...oeing-737.html
Any idea which three N-numbers?
bmvaughn is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:19 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Programs: AS MVPG
Posts: 267
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post



are they going to remove the “proudly” from their “proudly all Boeing” stickers?
Well to be fair, Proudly all Boeing was reference to the Alaska Airlines mainline fleet as opposed to Horizon (which still says Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon). That being said, with the Airbus fleet being around, a little "false" advertisement. Right now, not so proud of Boeing.
JacksonFlyer is online now  
Old Aug 9, 19, 12:30 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: EUG/PDX
Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Posts: 4,191
Originally Posted by bmvaughn View Post
Any idea which three N-numbers?
Nothing on the unofficial fleet page yet.
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer View Post
Well to be fair, Proudly all Boeing was reference to the Alaska Airlines mainline fleet as opposed to Horizon (which still says Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon). That being said, with the Airbus fleet being around, a little "false" advertisement. Right now, not so proud of Boeing.
But the Boeings are still all Boeing.
rustykettel is online now  
Old Aug 9, 19, 1:21 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, Marriott Plat, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 8,340
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer View Post
Well to be fair, Proudly all Boeing was reference to the Alaska Airlines mainline fleet as opposed to Horizon (which still says Alaska Airlines operated by Horizon). That being said, with the Airbus fleet being around, a little "false" advertisement. Right now, not so proud of Boeing.
right, but now the not-so-proud retired Horizon Q400s have to come out of retirement to fill gaps left by the proud Boeing fleet. So I am wondering if they are still so very proud of their Boeing-“only” aircraft ...
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 1:35 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PDX/HIO
Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Posts: 351
So are they replacing A319s with E175s, or adding frequency, or doing TCONs with tech stops in SLC and MCI?
nookanaya is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 1:41 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,428
Originally Posted by nookanaya View Post
So are they replacing A319s with E175s, or adding frequency, or doing TCONs with tech stops in SLC and MCI?
Will be another year of growing capacity not by total aircraft but adding seats into reconfigured planes. So would not expect many/any new routes unless there are cuts elsewhere to make them possible.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 3:21 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Programs: B6 Mosaic, SPG LT Platinum, UA SIlver, VX eleVAte Gold (RIP)
Posts: 4,428
Originally Posted by SNAnghbr View Post
Finance report link below. Thre only mention for the A319 was a repeT of the conference call stating that three A319/320 aircraft were being returned this year
0000766421-19-000042 | 10-Q | Alaska Air Group Inc
3 are being returned by the end of 2020...not 2019.
sfozrhfco is offline  
Old Aug 9, 19, 4:58 pm
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SEA, but up and down the coast a lot
Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Posts: 17,150
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco View Post
3 are being returned by the end of 2020...not 2019.
At which point either Boeing is delivering 737Max planes to AS because they've entered back into service or AS is going to extend leases, probably. I think there's a non-zero chance they decide to go with Airbus/mixed fleet if this MAX nonsense drags out longer.
eponymous_coward is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread