Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

First class upgades never work after a same-day confirmed change???

Old Aug 8, 19, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Almost every time, if I change flights at check in ("same day change") as a MVP gold, it will continue to state "first class waitlisted" on the phone app, but sure enough I can not find my name when I view the waitlist. Sure enough, I won't get the upgrade either.

I can call in every time and they will uncheck and re-check me in to fix the problem, but how come this is occurring, and how can I prevent it?
Old Aug 8, 19, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

See these threads among others:
It is hit or miss (mostly miss) getting back on the list after SDC:
SDC then getting on upgrade list
Good SDC experience
Not showing on upgrade waitlist
missamo80 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 19, 6:01 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, former UA 1K (the unfriendly sky) , UA 1MM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Your best bet to get back on the airport upgrade list after a SDC is to wait 10 minutes to check in after doing the SDC.
If you do a SDC and don't find your name on the airport list, that is the same as the upgrade waitlist on the flight status in your app, then ask the gate agent to add you on the list.
Old Aug 8, 19, 6:41 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Iíve never been able to get on the upgrade list with SDC unless customer service calls the airport to ask them to manually add.
Old Aug 8, 19, 8:29 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I recently did two SDCs. The first was about 1 hour before the flight and I never showed in the upgrade list but did go straight to premium class. Second one was about 2 hours ahead and I did show #1 on the upgrade list for 2 open FC seats. However, #2 on the list was upgraded and someone went straight to first from the standby list. Now idea why on either.

Search this Thread