Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska cancelled flight, won’t rebook companion fare on partner airline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska cancelled flight, won’t rebook companion fare on partner airline

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT; AS MVP Gold75k; HHonors Diamond; IHG PLT
If the Companion pass is bringing that much value, will AS book you SJC-LAX-SJD (or SJC-SAN-SJD), then drive (Uber) from home to SJC. Not that far, much less than $1k for 4 people. Likely too much to ask for a travel voucher for the ground transportation, no harm to ask once the flights have been changed.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
SMF-SAN-SJD
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:36 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by CZBB
We all do speak the same language, and for two letter codes, it's IATA.

Also, I'm surprised someone from Reno would be used to flying on SW (Air Namibia)
The food on SW Air Namabia looks surprisingly tasty. Wish DL or UA served something similar, let alone WN which no longer serves peanuts.

source: https://www.ramblinrandy.com/africa/namibia/
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:16 pm

Don't they have a nonstop San Jose - Cabo flight? Is that the flight that was cancelled? I don't know your dates but the couple of dates I looked at it was possible to leave Reno early and connect easily with the 9AM-ish flight from San Jose to Cabo.

Work with them .. they should be able to find you a routing that works.

-David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.