Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting BA IAP fare to AS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Crediting BA IAP fare to AS

Has anyone had experience with buying a BA flight with the Amex IAP fare and getting miles to credit to AS? I just bought a discounted J fare on BA, but cannot find the fare bucket on either the Amex or BA site. Reading through some other forums it seems these are BT fares, which credit to BA, but I wanted to double check if they would still credit to AS.

Edit: I actually did book a IAP fare last year on BA and had it credit to AS, but was able to see the fare bucket, so wondering if anyone recently has had experience?
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by safari ari
Has anyone had experience with buying a BA flight with the Amex IAP fare and getting miles to credit to AS? I just bought a discounted J fare on BA, but cannot find the fare bucket on either the Amex or BA site. Reading through some other forums it seems these are BT fares, which credit to BA, but I wanted to double check if they would still credit to AS.

Edit: I actually did book a IAP fare last year on BA and had it credit to AS, but was able to see the fare bucket, so wondering if anyone recently has had experience?
Putting the BA PNR into Finnair manage booking may show the fare booking class
https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/manage-booking-login

Or Srilankan Manage My Booking
https://www.srilankan.com/en_uk/lk/?redirect=1#myb
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Putting the BA PNR into Finnair manage booking may show the fare booking class
https://www.finnair.com/gb/gb/manage-booking-login
Thanks, I was able to find the fare class on the AY site.
Mwenenzi likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
BA site will show the fare bucket. You have to click on the details for the flight (it's not displayed in the default view).
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Thanks, I was able to find the fare class on the AY site.
Out of curiosity, what was the fare class and rough price of the ticket? With the old 2-for-1 IAP, it sounded like it generally booked into a high (e.g. refundable) fare class, but now it seems more hit-or-miss.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by milypan

Out of curiosity, what was the fare class and rough price of the ticket? With the old 2-for-1 IAP, it sounded like it generally booked into a high (e.g. refundable) fare class, but now it seems more hit-or-miss.
Fare class was I, so it wasn't out of the ordinary and within the AS fare bucket. The booking I did last year also was an A and C so those earned credit as well.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Fare class was I, so it wasn't out of the ordinary and within the AS fare bucket. The booking I did last year also was an A and C so those earned credit as well.
Check each leg...if you book an I fare on BA, typically the intra-Europe connection (if you have one) is in J, which nets a heftier bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.