Wiki Posts
Search

No more vacation packages?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver
No more vacation packages?

There used to be a link on AS homepage, but it is not there anymore, and I cannot find anywhere to book packages. Has anyone else noticed this, and do you think they did away with them?

Edited to add*** I found this under Vacation Packages....

"This year, we’re saying a fond farewell to our vacation package program. If you've already booked a vacation package with us, be sure to complete that trip by December 31, 2019."

This kind of sucks. I used it quite a bit.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
"This year, we’re saying a fond farewell to our vacation package program.
If you've already booked a vacation package with us, be sure to complete that trip by December 31, 2019."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/vacations/packages

Edited to add, you somehow edited a post without it showing

Last edited by RAD_PDX; Aug 6, 2019 at 5:08 pm
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
"This year, we’re saying a fond farewell to our vacation package program.
If you've already booked a vacation package with us, be sure to complete that trip by December 31, 2019."

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/vacations/packages

Edited to add, you somehow edited a post without it showing
Lol, because I edited it within 30 seconds of posting it. I do that a lot, fingers quicker than brain.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
“last edited by” at the bottom won’t appear for the first 5 minutes after the initial posting
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

I will especially miss that 1500 mile bonus I got for every booking. Before SAVER fares, I was always booking packages instead of just flights, adding a throw away hotel for 1 night, and collecting the bonus. Before anyone jumps all over me for fraud, I seriously doubt that is the reason they did away with packages, they could just have easily done away with the bonus. I also always called the hotel so that they could resell the room, collecting twice for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.