Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Lewiston/Auburn Maine AK Skywest sighting

Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:30 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Saw this today at Lewiston Auburn airport. This was in the same area and hanger used to fully restore/rebuild an old Connie for Lufthansa Airlines. It was a SkyWest jet with # N217AG registration. Any ideas? Scrap, parts, rebuild.?
Sorry, I’m trying to add the picture but am numb as a hake when it comes to technology.

Last edited by general45; Jul 27, 2019 at 6:42 pm
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:32 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Deleted (I think)

Last edited by general45; Jul 29, 2019 at 3:08 pm
Old Jul 27, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Silver
Originally Posted by general45
Saw this today at Lewiston Auburn airport. This was in the same area and hanger used to fully restore/rebuild an old Connie for Lufthansa Airlines. It was a SkyWest jet with # N217AG registration. Any ideas? Scrap, parts, rebuild.?
Sorry, I’m trying to add the picture but am numb as a hake when it comes to technology.

According to planespotters.net, it's been stored there since February: https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...lines/EO7giwB9
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Thanks. Thought it was kind of strange to see this in Maine and this particular airport. That’s a great link you provided.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Interesting. Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad these are no longer an active part of AS' fleet ^
JPat and jsguyrus like this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by beckoa
Glad these are no longer an active part of AS' fleet ^
Although I agree with you, there were times many years ago when the route was first established that a Q-400 would be the aircraft from SEA to SBA. I was quite happy when the CRJ came and now "ecstatic" that the E-175 and 737 have taken over that route.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by JacksonFlyer
Although I agree with you, there were times many years ago when the route was first established that a Q-400 would be the aircraft from SEA to SBA. I was quite happy when the CRJ came and now "ecstatic" that the E-175 and 737 have taken over that route.
Funny how things change. I remember flying SEA-LGB in an Horizon CRJ, and at the time thought it was the best aircraft ever!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.