Companion Fare

Old Jul 26, 19, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Kris flyer, Sofitel
Companion Fare

I have one in my Mileage Plus account. If I cancel the B of A credit card for Alaska, does that fare disappear as well?
Old Jul 26, 19, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP
If you close the account, it goes away. I'm not sure what happens if you have used it and then close the account before the day of the flight.
Old Jul 28, 19, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX View Post
If you close the account, it goes away. I'm not sure what happens if you have used it and then close the account before the day of the flight.
Does it get clawed back if it was "earned" before the Oct 1 date? all Companion Codes deposited into Mileage account on or after Oct 1- fare must by paid by AS Visa card.
Old Jul 28, 19, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by pcoll View Post
Does it get clawed back if it was "earned" before the Oct 1 date? all Companion Codes deposited into Mileage account on or after Oct 1- fare must by paid by AS Visa card.
Not 100% clear from the T&C. It seems possible, but that is just speculation. Perhaps someone has experience.

"Primary fare and Companion Fare must be purchased with your Alaska Airlines credit card. The Companion Fare code must be redeemed at alaskaair.com within 12 months of the date of issue. Once ticketed, travel may be completed after the expiration date of the Companion Fare code. The expiration date cannot be extended and, once your Companion Fare code has expired, it cannot be exchanged. If your Account is closed, you are no longer eligible to receive this benefit."
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Au, UA Ag, Marriott Ti, IHG Au, HH Ag, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred, *$ Au
Previously they did not get clawed back once posted if the account was closed. I don't know if that has changed with the new T&C.
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:47 pm

Mine was not clawed back when I canceled my card last year

Search this Thread