Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New Alaska Lounge Membership Pricing (8/30/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVPGold 75K

I got an email with price changes, but as mvpg 75k i only see 5 dollar increas . They did say, membership for spouse is being eliminated
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Yup, there's the price hike we've been expecting, but not as bad as expected.
I was thinking it'd be in the range of $100 increase.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...nge/join-renew

Non-Status: Same Price ($450 vs. $450)
MVP: $25 increase ($400 vs. $375)
Gold: $55 increase ($350 vs. $295)
75k: $5 increase ($300 vs. $295)

Yay for Golds?

Last edited by nearlysober; Jul 19, 2019 at 2:06 pm Reason: math
Old Jul 19, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Not as bad as I was fearing.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
I had planned on cancelling my membership anyways, because I did not like the so-called "elevated" changes at the PDX lounge, where I fly out of (the little fridge with lots of different snack things now gone, "upgraded" cheap undrinkable house wine, less seating after "remodel" at PDX with wooden chairs to sit on? the wood chairs were gone last Tuesday when I was there, but staff informed me they were defective and are coming back again after being returned to manufacturer. The old chairs were worn and needed replacing, but at least they were soft).

Then I had a chance last Saturday to go to the new Seattle lounge, and I was blown away. It is so awesome, I was reconsidering my decision to drop the lounge membership. The views of the runway from the new lounge were incredible. Even though the house wine has been downgraded, the free beer selections in PDX and SEA North Satellite are amazingly awesome, so I guess I'll be drinking more beer instead of wine.

And if I get 75k this year (which is likely), lounge renewal will only be 5 dollar increase instead of 55 for Golds. So, maybe I won't cancel for long.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I miss the 2 phone booths, err private work areas in the far corner. Could actually conduct BUSINESS without everyone in the lounge hearing it (pet peeve of mine). Some of us road warriors have long layovers and chose to not watch the crappy ball game on the tv.

(although I did figure out how to take over the TV in the ANC lounge and watched South Park for a few hours...)
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Price hike has been expected for awhile. I remember lounge agents talking about rumors near the end of last year. UA, AA both increased their fees, and with all the upgrades AS has put into their lounges, was only a matter of time. Honestly the price hike isn't as bad as I was expecting. The loss of the spouse membership sucks for those that use it.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Originally Posted by dave1013
Effective the end of August, the spouse card goes away and self-only memberships go into effect. $450/person, $350 for Golds. So if I want to buy my MVPG wife a membership at next year's renewal, it'll cost $700 total as opposed to $545.
"North of expected"

right?
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Boardroom price increase

Got the email today that as of the end of August pricing will be going up to $450 but mvp gold 75 will get $150 off making it $300. Says we can renew the current pricing prior to that date I went to do that and my current pricing is $295 so sounds like minimal uptick in pricing. I’m personally ok with this I want Alaska to be profitable and lounges are getting so crowded now starts to defeat the purpose a bit so I think it makes sense with all the recent lounge additions coming in SFO and other spots. I think I gain about 33 pounds a year and get thousands of dollars of value in free mimosas and cheese cubes alone so I’ll be a customer for sure!
lalala likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:20 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
This can only mean one thing: AA lounge partnership is going away.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
I am glad I did the multi-year option prior to them taking that option away...good to 2021
williwaw likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by StephanP37
I think I gain about 33 pounds a year and get thousands of dollars of value in free mimosas and cheese cubes alone so I’ll be a customer for sure!
Save the receipts to claim reimbursement for your future heath care costs LOL -
Old Jul 19, 2019, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by StephanP37
Got the email today that as of the end of August pricing will be going up to $450 but mvp gold 75 will get $150 off making it $300. Says we can renew the current pricing prior to that date I went to do that and my current pricing is $295 so sounds like minimal uptick in pricing. I’m personally ok with this I want Alaska to be profitable and lounges are getting so crowded now starts to defeat the purpose a bit so I think it makes sense with all the recent lounge additions coming in SFO and other spots. I think I gain about 33 pounds a year and get thousands of dollars of value in free mimosas and cheese cubes alone so I’ll be a customer for sure!
It's getting jacked much higher for Golds.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: AS
Well, we all thought it was just a matter of time. With the disappearance of the 3 year membership and increases across the board of all other AS products, just hoped they would wait until next year. Not too happy with jacking up price for MPVG.
(Hoping to hit Gold for next year)

Last edited by pcoll; Jul 19, 2019 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 19, 2019, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Its actually kind of refreshing getting rid of lounge membership. The lounges seem busier than the main terminal these days.
BearX220 and MJMLBBtoCPH like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:57 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
New price isn’t nearly as bad as I thought, nor as bad as a couple friends at the lounges thought. Of course, I’m coming to the realization that I renewed for $295 or whatever it is now to see my friends.

Wonder what’s coming down with regard to AA...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.