Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS service reductions. Mediocrity by a thousand cuts.

AS service reductions. Mediocrity by a thousand cuts.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:01 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
During one of my mainline SEA/YVR legs, the FA in F actually gave us an entire PDB since there'd be no service on the flight - and he even did refills.

So not all hope is lost.
MJMLBBtoCPH and PaperGlider like this.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Just flew BA in J from CDG to LHR. We were in the air for about 40 minutes, and received an afternoon tea service with sandwiches, warm scones, and full beverage service. Approx. 25 passengers in the cabin.

Theres really no no reason why AS cant provide a drink service in F on short flights.

That being said - it is not part of the advertised service so it shouldnt be an expectation.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:52 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I think people need to remember that the only thing premium about Premium is its name. It's Economy Plus and like the other three airlines which fly a similar canbin on domestic flights if you think of it as just legroom and maybe one free drink you'll be a lot less disappointed than expecting a premium experience.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think people need to remember that the only thing premium about Premium is its name. It's Economy Plus and like the other three airlines which fly a similar canbin on domestic flights if you think of it as just legroom and maybe one free drink you'll be a lot less disappointed than expecting a premium experience.
Kind of like a budget wedding, except the airline gives you a drink.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Kind of like a budget wedding, except the airline gives you a drink.
And complementary upgrades for Elites, confirmed fee free for 75Ks at booking and priority "mounting" boarding....

James
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by CMK10
No free drink with United Economy Plus (except premium Tcon service)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.