Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Same-Day Flight Change from Different DC Airport

Same-Day Flight Change from Different DC Airport

Old Jul 18, 19, 11:11 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I asked on Twitter about this and got this reply:

Co-terminal changes are allowed for SEA/PAE, SFO/SJC/OAK and LAX/BUR/ONT/SNA. You will need to call our reservations team to change your ticket.
Neil
be_rettSEA and DrAlex like this.
Old Jul 18, 19, 2:09 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by missamo80 View Post
I asked on Twitter about this and got this reply:
Neil
Thanks for getting clarification.
Old Jul 18, 19, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Spire Elite
And followed-up to the ask re: DCA / other DC area airports. Official policy is that DCA/IAD/BWI are not co-terminals for the purposes of SDC. While it sounds like some people have been successful at changing airports in the area, it's technically not per policy.
Old Jul 18, 19, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA View Post
And followed-up to the ask re: DCA / other DC area airports. Official policy is that DCA/IAD/BWI are not co-terminals for the purposes of SDC. While it sounds like some people have been successful at changing airports in the area, it's technically not per policy.
I can see why that is if your travel originates from SFO. All my paid flights to the DC area the last 2.5 years have been to BWI because that's the cheapest advance-purchase destination. I'm generally traveling outside the summer months. I've never seen DCA price at or lower than BWI. In fact, DCA is usually $50-100 more. I can't see them allowing me to SDC from BWI to DCA when I'm paying less that what they charge to fly to DCA. Now, if there's a flight cancellation or significant delay I'm sure they'd have a little leeway in rerouting, but I actually agree with them on the SDC rules in this case when you factor in fares.
DrAlex likes this.
Old Jul 20, 19, 4:33 am

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
Originally Posted by andrestaborda View Post
I'm confirmed to fly on an AS flight from Washington Dulles (IAD), but there is plenty of room on an early flight from Reagan (DCA). I'm MVP Gold...would I be able to do a same-day flight change from a different DC airport? I know some airlines allow it, but I haven't had any luck finding info for AS.
Like others have said, they are not official co-terminals for AS. That doesnít mean donít try. Agents that know the area are likely to oblige if the space is available. Moving from a IAD to DCA flight might be harder since DCA usually has a higher demand but like I said, worth asking. While not officially co-terminals, agents use them all the time in irops to get people where they need to go. Many would allow a MVP Gold to switch to what is basically an internal co terminal if the space is there.
Old Jul 20, 19, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Originally Posted by brettsir View Post
While not officially co-terminals, agents use them all the time in irops to get people where they need to go.
:/
again, IROPS recovery takes precedence over SDC policy, routing limitations in fare rules, and pretty much any other thing that falls into the “YMMV” category when asking a phone agent

Search this Thread
Search Engine: