Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Waitlisted for upgrade but was offered cash upgrade during check-in

Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite

Hi everyone. I'm on AS348 to SJC leaving tomorrow and I'm waitlisted for upgrades. However, during check-in I was offered a cash upgrade option and I checked there's indeed U space available on my flight. Shouldn't the system process elite upgrades before offering cash upgrade?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by eddiehuang97
Hi everyone. I'm on AS348 to SJC leaving tomorrow and I'm waitlisted for upgrades. However, during check-in I was offered a cash upgrade option and I checked there's indeed U space available on my flight. Shouldn't the system process elite upgrades before offering cash upgrade?
Yes, call in and get your upgrade.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, Hyatt Globalist, National Executive Elite
Called in and they fixed the issue -- seems like the system glitched again lol
DrAlex and RAD_PDX like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
this has been happening for years. Alaska doesn't seem interested in fixing it.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k
The upgrader was down this weekend. An agent confirmed it yesterday when I pointed out U space being offered during the 75k window.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Are we supposed to be receiving email notifications when we're upgraded? I never get a notification or an assigned seat in F.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by trek87
Are we supposed to be receiving email notifications when we're upgraded? I never get a notification or an assigned seat in F.
I have received them sporadically when upgraded. Seems like I usually have to select my own seat when upgraded.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jjmadison
The upgrader was down this weekend. An agent confirmed it yesterday when I pointed out U space being offered during the 75k window.
Originally Posted by trek87
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
I have received them sporadically when upgraded. Seems like I usually have to select my own seat when upgraded.
it worked fine on Sat morning ... 0745 timestamp on the UG email for my 0935 SEA-SFO flight; yes I had to select my own seat, but that wasn’t a big deal since there was only one remaining
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by jrl767

it worked fine on Sat morning ... 0745 timestamp on the UG email for my 0935 SEA-SFO flight; yes I had to select my own seat, but that wasn’t a big deal since there was only one remaining
Good to hear it's working again. Was at the pool with FAs this weekend and got to hear stories of the chaos caused by the upgrader not working. The wrath of screwed-over-75ks-who-were-in-the-lounge-and-missed-upgrades-being-incorrectly-sold-at-gate knows no bounds (I am told).
williwaw likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.