Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Should Alaska Lounge Access Be Inclued With the AS / BofA Visa?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should Alaska Lounge Access Be Inclued With the AS / BofA Visa?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:55 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
If the new lounge memberships go up a lot, that credit card rate will be much more attractive. The polling they were doing on lounge fees sure made it seem a rate hike was coming...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Not at all. So many people, particularly in SEA have the AS credit card, this lounge would just revert back to the Priority Pass capacity sign being out all the time. If they debuted a "premium" version of the card, with a higher annual fee and other benefits (with things like reduced change/cancellation fees, early boarding, a GGU or two, AL access, bonus mile earning, EQM credits, etc etc), I could see that being possible. But at $99 annual fee and at their home base, that would be way too many potential guests.
Correction...Annual Fee for AS Visa is $75. Now, don't go giving them any ideas, there have been enough changes already this year.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by ctporter
So, I could potentially get benefits of a FF which would be the No Change Fees, Early Boarding, Priority Lane at Security, 4 GGus, an unspecified bonus for class of service (100% bonus for MVPG or 125% bonus for 75k), companion upgrade with me, premium beverage in main cabin, 2 checked bags (plus 2 for a companion) just by paying $350 - 400 for the AS credit card. My math says that $400 is CHEAP for all that, I can't get to MVPG for only $350 or $400. So obviously all the benefits would not be included, but it intesting to speculate if the CC would be worth not worrying about achieving status - depending on which benefits the card would give.
Where did anybody say anything about the laundry list of bits and pieces?

The sole question was whether there is a market for a roughly $400/year AS card which provides club access.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:11 pm

I go to the priority pass lounges at SEATAC and they seem to have better options than Alaska lounges as far as I can see. The few times I went to the Alaska lounges, there wasn't much available.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:16 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
No, no, and NO! I go to the lounge to have a quiet restful place away from the mobs, and I am willing to pay for that. We don't need to invent a way to suddenly have MANY THOUSANDS of new lounge members. Nor do we need to have the ability to be an MVPG without flying.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:55 pm

Not for $75. Other cards that come with lounge access (UA, Delta, AA, Amex Platinum) cost $450 or more.

-David
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by pt flyer
I go to the priority pass lounges at SEATAC and they seem to have better options than Alaska lounges as far as I can see. The few times I went to the Alaska lounges, there wasn't much available.
Yeah I have not been super impressed by the Alaska lounges (had the worst G&T of my life there). For me @sea it's Centurion Lounge -- not perfect but pretty good
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:26 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Correction...Annual Fee for AS Visa is $75. Now, don't go giving them any ideas, there have been enough changes already this year.
The Canadian Alaska Airlines Mastercard raised their AF last year from CAD $75 to CAD $99. (USD $57.55 to USD $75.96) Each CAD $1.00 (76.75 cents US) earns 1 Mileage Plan mile. (3 Mileage Plan miles for AS purchases) In essence, the Canadian version earns Mileage Plan miles 30% faster.

James
LIH Prem likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 3:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by tgi
Who thinks access to this lounge should be included with their credit card.
Cards with lounge access typically have an annual fee of $500 at least. Should people getting a $100 annual fee card flood the lounges? I'm guessing no. Then again, I live in Seattle and thus have 0 interest in using the lounges.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Sure why not, and give 40,000 eqm for 40K in spend and 75,000 eqm for 75,000 spend and a special express bus for those folks who meet all those qualifications when we're forced to use the D21 - D28 gates.

Also, how about giving 12 people access to the club on one account?

And three companion fares codes a year?

And bring back the animal crackers - this is the most egregious thing that has happened in the last 12 months, imho.

Or how about you just pay for membership like the rest of us. I'm not happy about the lack of spousal membership which was a great thing while it lasted, but we sucked it up and paid for two individual memberships.

lala

lala
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by ou81two
Cards with lounge access typically have an annual fee of $500 at least. Should people getting a $100 annual fee card flood the lounges? I'm guessing no.
Who would buy a regular lounge membership from AS at $295 to $450 when they can get it as a cards benefit for $100? It's a ridiculous idea.

The AS lounges are already shoulder-to-shoulder much of the time -- that's why they broke things off with PP -- and can't take any more heads anyway.
jsguyrus and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Often1
So, the better question for this board is, "would you pay $400 for the card if it included access?"
AA and DL cards are $450 annual fees and plenty of people pay that. A BofA credit card with an annual fee equal to the annual lounge membership would still be worth it because it would also presumably have the priority boarding & free checked bag. BofA would also have the choice to offer free additional cardholders like AA/Citi, or a for-fee cardholder like DL/Amex.

OP, being in Seattle, now has the option of Amex Platinum for the Centurion Lounge, but I'd warn that it's often jam packed too. But all the food and bev are included and the liquor selection is definitely premium. The location relative to the AS gates isn't ideal either.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I've been quite happy with my Aadvantage Executive card as a lounge pass for $450, especially with free AU's! Not sure what advantage a BoA-issued Alaska card would give me, unless it contained a few extras like priority boarding / priority check-in, at minimum.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 10:36 am
tgi
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pt flyer
What are your general thoughts on PP lounges at SEA? Ever get denied entry due to capacity?

Originally Posted by Visconti
If I were an Airport restauranteur, I'd be lobbying for this, because eventually that's where we'll all be headed.
This is the ideal solution to overcrowding, not sure why more restaurants don't participate with Priority Pass.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by BearX220
Who would buy a regular lounge membership from AS at $295 to $450 when they can get it as a cards benefit for $100? It's a ridiculous idea.

The AS lounges are already shoulder-to-shoulder much of the time -- that's why they broke things off with PP -- and can't take any more heads anyway.
Yeah, exactly. United Club Card is $450 a year. No card is offering lounge benefits for that price. I'm sure Alaska has looked at whether or not it would e worth it to have two cards as well. It won't matter to me of course as I have a place to live that's nicer than the AS lounge and I'd rather not spend time at the airport if I can avoid it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.