Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have You Tried Chat Yet?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
I love chat for little requests that can just wait a little. Like checking the costs of upfares. Slick system.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beckoa
The agent was unable to help; referred me to reservations. So it wasn't a technical issue with messages not going through.
Agents should be able to help with just about anything, provided it doesn't require a form of payment. Side note - Web Chat is now turned up to a 100% offer rate at the "Contact Us" page of alaskaair.com; click the "Chat now" link to start a live chat:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ab...=nav:contactUs
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:33 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Snowdevil
Agents should be able to help with just about anything, provided it doesn't require a form of payment.
Two suggestions:

1. I have missing partner miles from an AA metal segment that was booked as part of an AS/AA itinerary on AS' website where the AA segment has an AS codeshare number. So those miles should post as partner miles. But I've emailed (I virtually never get a response when I email -- same this time) and brought it up with a web chat session. The CSR on the chat said that he was unable to fix missing miles and I would have to call. Can you please empower them to do that?

2. Lots of chat systems have an option for sending you an email with a transcript of the chat. If that's an option here, perhaps I missed it. If not, could that be a possible addition?

Thanks for this. So much nicer than trying to parse 160 character multiple texts.

Looking forward to seeing the chat button enable on the app, too, since with the iPhone you can't use text chat in the air.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 7:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cblaisd
Two suggestions:

1. I have missing partner miles from an AA metal segment that was booked as part of an AS/AA itinerary on AS' website where the AA segment has an AS codeshare number. So those miles should post as partner miles. But I've emailed (I virtually never get a response when I email -- same this time) and brought it up with a web chat session. The CSR on the chat said that he was unable to fix missing miles and I would have to call. Can you please empower them to do that?

2. Lots of chat systems have an option for sending you an email with a transcript of the chat. If that's an option here, perhaps I missed it. If not, could that be a possible addition?

Thanks for this. So much nicer than trying to parse 160 character multiple texts.

Looking forward to seeing the chat button enable on the app, too, since with the iPhone you can't use text chat in the air.

Thanks for the feedback! Crediting miles can only be done via Customer Care since they use a different system than the Reservations Agents do, but chat will be coming to Customer Care in our next phase, so stay tuned for that! We're also looking into the "send transcript" option, as it's something that we've received a number of requests for. While chat will eventually come to the app, it does work on the mobile version of the site (m.alaskaair.com) and web chat can even be accessed while in flight using onboard WiFi, since all access to alaskaair.com is free onboard.
cblaisd, NoLaGent and be_rettSEA like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Is it just me or do the chat agents seem to be funneling more and more requests to the "call center"? I remember how helpful this feature was when we were stuck in MCO during hurricane Dorian....easily and quickly rebooked my entire family without having to call...lately they seem unable or unwilling to handle even the most simple requests that don't require credit card payment.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is it just me or do the chat agents seem to be funneling more and more requests to the "call center"? I remember how helpful this feature was when we were stuck in MCO during hurricane Dorian....easily and quickly rebooked my entire family without having to call...lately they seem unable or unwilling to handle even the most simple requests that don't require credit card payment.
Have had pretty good luck - did two SDCs last week without having to call. Super easy.
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just tried chat again to confirm a couple of schedule change reservations that the system had already processed and was told by the chat agent to call reservations....I'm starting to think I'm talking to a bot and these aren't *real* people. This has been so helpful in the past (particularly when I needed to change my reservation due to Hurricane Dorian), but over the past month or so, something has changed big time.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 12:32 am

Just dropped a CX booking over text: very useful!

Now hopefully I can suss out 2x QF J somewhere since AUS-HKG is a no-go.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG
I've added/removed myself from upgrade waitlists, canceled reservations, and applied/redeposited GGUs over chat. Very nice. I wish the chat window were resizeable, though. It's a little small on my high dpi display.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After talking about this with one of the AS Twitter team yesterday, I found out that some of the reservation chats could possibly be handled via automated responses (basically Alaska's version of Alexa....lol)...not sure if this is true or not but it would explain some of the generic responses I have been receiving over the past month.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:31 am

Twitter agents are now pushing most requests to chat or text. Very annoying when travelling.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Twitter agents are now pushing most requests to chat or text. Very annoying when travelling.
This has been the case (for me at least, for most requests) since chat/text was introduced.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
This has been the case (for me at least, for most requests) since chat/text was introduced.
Makes me sad. So far its been an hour without any reply from the text support. I guess its very spotty.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by olouie
Makes me sad. So far its been an hour without any reply from the text support. I guess its very spotty.
Wow - longest I've waited is maybe 2-3 mins. Usually all wrapped up with whatever the issue is in under 10.
Old Dec 6, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a chat wait time of over 20 minutes the other day....I think they got more volume than they expected which explains why automation may be a viable option until they get more agents.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.