Linking Reservations

Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Linking Reservations

I have a question about the section of Alaska's website that allows you to link separate reservations. If my wife and son (who are not elite members) book tickets, and then I decide later to join them and book the same flights, what does linking do other than tell Alaska we're traveling together? For example, it doesn't apply my MVPG benefits to them, right? Just curious. Thank you!
Old Jul 3, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
It does not automatically apply your benefits to them no, but you may have success with reservations (for seats assignments) and airport staff (for baggage allowance/priority boarding), but that is a YMMV situation for sure.

It's still worth doing, though, as in the event of IRROPS, it can come in handy.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ffman999
what does linking do other than tell Alaska we're traveling together?
It does this, and only this.
bmvaughn, ffman999 and safari ari like this.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:50 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I have added my wife to the same schedule as mine at a later date many times, and then linked them. Multiple times we have both gotten upgrades to either PE or F. So for sure it does work and as NoLaGent says, it’s super helpful with IRROPS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.