Any decent MR deals for July and August?

Old Jul 3, 19, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Any decent MR deals for July and August?

Anyone seeing any good MR DEALS the next couple months? Flying back to san francisco from newark yesterday I spent a few hours searching combos didnt see anything worth while. Last year those LAX Boston flights for 99 each way were great prices on most of my routes seem to have doubled this year. Anyone else noticing the price hike or am I missing an obvious opportunities?
Old Jul 3, 19, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
really?
AS revenue management obviously believes enough people are willing to pay more than last year’s $99 for those seats this summer
jinglish likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by StephanP37 View Post
. Last year those LAX Boston flights for 99 each way were great prices on most of my routes seem to have doubled this year.
This is a thing of the past (for now). PDX-JFK shows up in September for $230 saver, $290 main. Not as good as what we saw last year, but better than the past few months.
Old Jul 3, 19, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Anyone seeing any good MR DEALS the next couple months? Flying back to san francisco from newark yesterday I spent a few hours searching combos didnt see anything worth while.
SFO-MCO saver fares are as low as $237, a $20 increase from where they were about two months ago. Looks like they're available from mid-August and all of September.
StephanP37 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
SFO-MCO saver fares are as low as $237, a $20 increase from where they were about two months ago. Looks like they're available from mid-August and all of September.
Thanks man! Iím booking that one actually have a condo by Disney anyway not sure how I missed that but thank you!
tom911 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Looks like SFO-BOS and SFO-JFK are also $237. Here is a helpful link:

https://www.google.com/flights/#flt=...ls:we;sd:0;t:e

Change the departure airport to whatever suits your needs.
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 8:41 pm

Programs: Yes
Summer is peak travel demand season and fares are generally higher than at other times of the year (other than around holidays). Not really a good time to be looking for mileage runs. Fares tend to tail off in mid-August as that is when kids start going back to school.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Jul 4, 19, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Anyone seeing any good MR DEALS the next couple months? Flying back to san francisco from newark yesterday I spent a few hours searching combos didnt see anything worth while. Last year those LAX Boston flights for 99 each way were great prices on most of my routes seem to have doubled this year. Anyone else noticing the price hike or am I missing an obvious opportunities?
What you’re missing is this is peak travel season, aside for Thanksgiving and Christmas. $99 transcons aren’t sustainable; the airline loses money at those prices (which is why AS has been cutting capacity and routes). Try November/December.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jul 8, 19, 1:28 pm

RAD-PDX

Great Website. Thanks!

Last edited by normcpa; Jul 8, 19 at 1:29 pm Reason: Address to RAD-PDX

Search this Thread