Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

ORD to Dublin by Aer Lingus, any lounges in either airports for AS

Old Jul 3, 19, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska airlines 75K

Flying from O’Hare to Dublin on Aer Lingus this week. Is there a lounge in the international terminal at O’Hare or upon arrival into Dublin available for AS lounge members. Not in business class
Old Jul 3, 19, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
No.

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...tion-and-hours

A ticket for EI doesn’t get you anything.
icelandman2, jinglish and Jma12 like this.
Old Jul 3, 19, 11:45 am

Programs: AS, AA, B6, Hilton, Marriott
You can use the ORD AC in T3 and then take a bus to T5 post security, but I wouldn't consider the AC something to go out of my way for. Here is the info:
https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/myf...s/default.aspx

This is assuming you have either an AS or AA same day flight arriving into ORD.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jul 4, 19, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OneSky Alliance Elite+ with Zirconium and oak leaf cluster, Braniff Unobtainium
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post
You can use the ORD AC in T3 and then take a bus to T5 post security, but I wouldn't consider the AC something to go out of my way for. Here is the info:

OP said EI ticket. That gets you bupkiss for AA lounge admission using AS lounge card.
Old Jul 4, 19, 11:37 am

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by safari ari View Post

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post

OP said EI ticket. That gets you bupkiss for AA lounge admission using AS lounge card.
If the OP is same day connecting from AS, then the ORD info is correct. Nothing in DUB though.
Old Jul 5, 19, 1:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Club 49, Dollar, Avis, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, GHA, Global Entry
You'll want to be aware, US bound flights out of DUB have to clear customs in DUB and the post-customs area is VERY minimal in terms of food availability. Apparently the customs lines can be very long, but with Global Entry, it only took me about 5 minutes. I definitely regret clearing customs 2 hours before my flight and being stuck on the other side.
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NoLaGent View Post
If the OP is same day connecting from AS, then the ORD info is correct. Nothing in DUB though.
Again, OP did not say “I’m flying into ORD on Alaska connecting to EI at ORD”. If OP is doing what they actually said: ORD origin, EI ticket to DUB, they get nothing for lounge access based on an Alaska Lounge membership.
jinglish likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 8:25 pm

Programs: AS more so than UA these days
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward View Post

Again, OP did not say “I’m flying into ORD on Alaska connecting to EI at ORD”. If OP is doing what they actually said: ORD origin, EI ticket to DUB, they get nothing for lounge access based on an Alaska Lounge membership.
Again, the poster I quoted, who was responding to the OP, offered another angle into the Admirals Club. Given the OP is SEA based and a frequent flyer of AS, posting in the AS forum, the possibility of a same day connection is not so far-fetched.

This forum used to be about exploring all avenues of a particular traveler's situation, which gave me the opportunity to learn things I never knew. I like to think that it still is.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; HHonors Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer View Post
You'll want to be aware, US bound flights out of DUB have to clear customs in DUB and the post-customs area is VERY minimal in terms of food availability. Apparently the customs lines can be very long, but with Global Entry, it only took me about 5 minutes. I definitely regret clearing customs 2 hours before my flight and being stuck on the other side.
+1 on this. My wife and I both had GE via NEXUS, and unfortunately she was SSSS'ed last October in DUB. We had a hint of that happening when our FCO-DUB passes printed fine, and I could get my pass for the SEA flight, but she could not until we checked in at FCO.

Note that EI does not participate in TSA Pre either, so while we got to use GE for passport control and customs, going through US-approved security was a nightmare. It took forever to clear; we were separated for about 10 minutes and I was barked at by the CBP staff there for using my phone while in immigration. It felt like a bit of home in Dublin.

Edit: A tip - be sure to have a euro or two on hand to grab some "Plane Water" after you clear. IIRC, you cannot bring liquids that exceed 3-1-1 through the preclearance security checkpoint. They have a bunch of honesty boxes set up around the airport that sell water, including in the preclearance area: https://www.dailyedge.ie/dublin-airp...82378-Jan2018/
AKLifetimeFlyer and Eurynom0s like this.

Last edited by sullim4; Jul 5, 19 at 9:05 pm

Search this Thread