Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match in July?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Status Match in July?

I'm looking at doing a Status Match using UA Premier Gold.

So if I do this in the first half of the year, it only goes to the end of the year?

I remember reading that if you did a status match in July, it would basically go for 18 months, ie: the end of the following year..?

How much of this is correct?
Old Jun 29, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
I have not heard of a match on or after July 1 extending through the next calendar year. It used to be (circa 2015-17) that if you applied on or after Nov 1 it would be good for the following year. A few sites now suggest that Oct 1 is the magic date.
milypan and Flying for Fun like this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:21 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
October.
I did mine in October of 2017. Good through 2018.
Granted it takes a couple weeks to process, as I recall. And then some additional days for existing reservations to be updated by the automated computer sweep.

That said, if you think you're going to re-qualify without any trouble by the end of the year, I see no reason to wait until October. You could start earning 100% bonus RDM as a gold MVP a few months earlier, if you did it now.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 7:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Take a look at the status match thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...019-later.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.