Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

Old Jul 23, 2019, 3:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
In the new lounge at SEA - N right now and the space is really great. You could probably fit 4-5 of the LAX lounge in this space. Definitely still some kinks for them to work out, though. As someone has mentioned, there's not as many staff as the space dictates during peak periods despite having probably double what I've seen in other lounges. Dirty dishes laying around, long line to get checked in, waits for drinks, etc. In addition, almost all of the paid food options were unavailable at 2pm. Just the turkey avocado burger and the summer rice bowl. Ordered and paid for the turkey burger (after my first and second choice were confirmed no's when they tried to order over the phone to the kitchen, which seems like a silly process on its own), went to my seat, only to have the lounge staff track me down and let me know that it was actually egg and brioche sandwiches they had left. She mentioned they were so slammed yesterday they'd cut into today's food, and said management doesn't understand that they still need more staff to keep up with all the passengers in here.

Probably will hit up the Centurion lounge next time I'm back in SEA despite this being a much much nicer space - amenities just aren't there to justify the day pass fee, let alone the higher lounge membership fee structure they announced.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Probably will hit up the Centurion lounge next time I'm back in SEA despite this being a much much nicer space - amenities just aren't there to justify the day pass fee, let alone the higher lounge membership fee structure they announced.
On an "A" ticket tomorrow so will stop in. Not sure if I'll go to AMEX; they close at 10 PM so might stop in first...
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
On an "A" ticket tomorrow so will stop in. Not sure if I'll go to AMEX; they close at 10 PM so might stop in first...
After overlying Fife, WA, we still got in early. Stopped by AMEX for a nice shower, yakisoba, and teri chicken.

Spent too long there... (they do have a full service bar) I made it to the new lounge. Damn it's large. Very spacious. Took numerous photos which won't do it justice. But very happy with the final product. Just sad there is no shower. And there is room.... (It seems), Maybe someday.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
After overlying Fife, WA, we still got in early. Stopped by AMEX for a nice shower, yakisoba, and teri chicken.

Spent too long there... (they do have a full service bar) I made it to the new lounge. Damn it's large. Very spacious. Took numerous photos which won't do it justice. But very happy with the final product. Just sad there is no shower. And there is room.... (It seems), Maybe someday.
You need to give up on the showers fetish. It is not going to happen!!!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: Alaska airlines 100k
First time in the N lounge today. Had time to trek from my C gate.

The N lounge is very large and spacious. It felt empty. When I went to the C lounge it probably had the same amount of people and felt like a closet. I had to sit on someone’s lap essentially in the C lounge.

No difference in food or drinks.

Don’t know how to post pictures on this forum.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:08 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by Xrayman
Don’t know how to post pictures on this forum.
Look at this thread - same rules apply to the Alaska forum:
How (and where) to embed your pictures in the Travel Photography forum
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by BOB W
You need to give up on the showers fetish. It is not going to happen!!!
Let Beckoa have his showers when transiting airports. Not sure he will be able to enjoy this in an AS Lounge. (Ever). AMEX At SEA will satisfy his “desires”. We all have our “signature” issues with air travel. I have mine
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by steve64
Nice pics Carfield !!

I'm a little surprised that they kept the MD-80 engines around this long, but they do make nice light fixtures
Carfield is bonus we received here on AS FT as part of the VX merger. I loved the posts on VX with food menus and pics for each quarter. Glad we are now able to enjoy his (assuming gender) pics and input.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:47 am

Visited N Lounge on Aug 2. Missed the opening by one day last month.
First impressions....large, spacious, very high ceilings, and great views of runways. After settling on a seat, in front of fireplace, on circular sofa that faces the big windows. Noticed right away there was only 1 small table (12x12) for entire sofa area. We shared it and it was a squeeze for 2 coffees and small plates. Behind this area, is check in for lounge and restrooms. Wandered around and found huge areas of open floor space and not so many seating options for small families. There were many families in lounge since August is the busiest travel month for SEA. Food and coffee was nice. All the usual suspects. Offerings seemed sparce since they are spread so far apart. Barista was not at station and many gave up waiting. Bar area is also large and was a haven from loud family groups. Seems like business and singe travelers are using this area. This area has the refurbished down lights mentioned up thread.
Small things noticed..asked for current copy of AS Onboard magazine (wanted Edgar Martinez copy to keep). They only had July magazine. Asked if they had the small cards to fill out for Alaska Listens-How was your flight. They looked all over and realized they do not have those and probably should get some.
Lounge concierges then had guest discussing new Lounge Membership rates news. Concierges were not aware of emails sent out or new pricing going into effect. Guest was arguing that since spouse card no longer available for purchase, AS was giving this (free) with new membership. Of course, I had to chime in, and directed them to correct information. Also suggested guest look into Flyertalk-Alaska Airlines for more information on airline.
Lastly, Ladies restroom had only hand soap and lotion. No tissues or other personal items normally offered in AS Lounge restrooms.
So, still working out some of the kinks but overall very nice.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Very nice and spacious lounge. Comfortable furniture spaced well enough to afford relaxed freedom of movement.

In comparison with the rest of the lounge, the bathroom is ok. It is not as generous in size. If I remember correctly, the standard American style bathroom doors for the few toilets.

I wish all the lounges were so well furnished and spacious. The reasons that I wish that is because I seek in a lounge, in order of importance: a quiet relaxing space, a really nice restroom, quality snacks and coffee, soft-drinks, and quality drinks. And this lounge hits most of that and adds great views.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Had a chance to visit the lounge at the end of last month. It's great - makes me want to fly out of N and tolerate the subway experience just so I can use it

I liked the "make your own trailmix" bar - dont recall seeing that at the other lounges in SEA.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by nearlysober
Had a chance to visit the lounge at the end of last month. It's great - makes me want to fly out of N and tolerate the subway experience just so I can use it

I liked the "make your own trailmix" bar - dont recall seeing that at the other lounges in SEA.
There was make your own trail mix in C today.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Could be that they recently added it to more lounges, or that it just coincided with the launch of the new N lounge... but yeah my tail mix was mostly chocolate & coconut
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:35 pm

Alaska Lounges in SeaTac are a work in progress

Just so everybody knows what to expect with Alaska lounges in Seattle...

Alaska has three lounges: D (near security), C (at far end), and N (accessible by train). Alaska generally keeps their flights in these three terminals, but because of all the construction in N, they are short gates and will sometimes use other gates in B and S (international).

The N lounge is great and is easy to access if you use the train. Trains in SeaTac work really well. It's open late - until 11 or 12 I believe.

Due to a recent change that many people have complained about, the D lounge now closes at 8 pm. This is the most central lounge and a real inconvenience when you are kicked out at 8pm or when your gate is in B. While it is the oldest of the lounges, it is the most central too. When D lounge closes, the C lounge get busy.

And C lounge is really nice but not at N lounge level. It is also the smallest and open late. You have to walk to the end of C to get to the lounge and the train doesn't access C right now because of construction.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:43 pm

Colby.lavin WELCOME to Flyertalk!!! Interesting that your first post is a review of AS lounges at SEA. Wondering if you are new to AS or just new to Flyertalk??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.