Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New "Flagship" Alaska Lounge in SEA North Satellite (Opened 7/12/2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by missydarlin
The back of my head makes several appearances in that video
I had such a great reply already typed out, but then I thought better of it.
Old Jul 13, 2019, 6:29 pm

Are the windows tinted? Or, are there translucent shades? Otherwise could be a greenhouse effect with a lot of solar glare on sunny days.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Are the windows tinted? Or, are there translucent shades? Otherwise could be a greenhouse effect with a lot of solar glare on sunny days.
Sitting in the lounge now. It’s a fabulous space. The windows have blinds that appear to be electronically controlled. There’s a large steel valance welded into the structure with the shade housed inside. No chains or ropes, just a couple electrical wires. They’re mounted very high up to get the entirety of the window.
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:05 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by fly18725
Well, the JFK lounge has an espresso bar and the same self-serve Starbucks machine found in the other lounges.
I completely prefer those self service machines that are commonly found in many different branded airport lounges. That is because of the short wait time and an unskilled person trying to pull a shot of espresso is a nice challenge for them but for me too often a bad cup of coffee.

To be overly picky, JFK machine is similar to other lounges. That machine is different because it pours non-stop a full dose of hot water that can't be turned off until the machine decides. How am I going to quickly warm up the big JFK mug or make a small cup of tea? Troubles, I've got troubles with the JFK machine
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
You do realize this is Seattle, right? 😎
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by PaperGlider
I completely prefer those self service machines that are commonly found in many different branded airport lounges. That is because of the short wait time and an unskilled person trying to pull a shot of espresso is a nice challenge for them but for me too often a bad cup of coffee.

To be overly picky, JFK machine is similar to other lounges. That machine is different because it pours non-stop a full dose of hot water that can't be turned off until the machine decides. How am I going to quickly warm up the big JFK mug or make a small cup of tea? Troubles, I've got troubles with the JFK machine
I haven’t looked closely at the various machines, but the one in the new N lounges to be exactly the same as the one in the old N lounge.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
You do realize this is Seattle, right? 😎
Have you been through PAE? The terminal designers clearly forgot that the sun actually does come out a few times a year. It's blinding in there on a clear day!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by PaperGlider
. That machine is different because it pours non-stop a full dose of hot water that can't be turned off until the machine decides. How am I going to quickly warm up the big JFK mug or make a small cup of tea? Troubles, I've got troubles with the JFK machine
There is a trick, if you push the top far right corner of the screen when it is pouring it will stop.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Have you been through PAE? The terminal designers clearly forgot that the sun actually does come out a few times a year. It's blinding in there on a clear day!
i was the in the new N lounge today (it’s sunny in Seattle today) and the sun/brightness wasn’t really a problem
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:01 pm

It was a gorgeous lounge

I was here on a fairly quiet day last Saturday - July 13.
The lounge was just beautiful and most importantly, that view of runway 16/34 is amazing. I can sit there all day long.
The food selections are fairly standard and they just have a larger station now. Well they have some bread rolls in the fridge now that will go with the soup.

Here is the mini album of the new lounge:
http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/Ca...th%20Satellite

Fire Place

Food Buffet

Bar

Last edited by Carfield; Jul 16, 2019 at 9:35 pm
Old Jul 16, 2019, 1:16 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Hmmm, might have to reroute through SEA.....
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:53 pm

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
I was in the new N lounge on Monday morning -- very nice! I'm surprised no one has mentioned the striking similarity to the Icelandair Saga Lounge in Reykjavik. Same color scheme, very similar wood accents, fireplace and chairs.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I was at the lounge today too, pretty nice but hard to find a window seat! Great view of the airport, which I happen to like. Given enough time I'll probably go to it in the future even if I'm not arriving or departing out of N.

The buffet area made it seem like there would be a better food selection though. At least it seems like they can expand food offerings in the future pretty easily, if they decide to.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Glad to see they have cider on tap, and also disappointed to see that it's the grapefruit cider.

Do they have any marshmallows you can toast over the fire?
williwaw likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Nice pics Carfield !!

I'm a little surprised that they kept the MD-80 engines around this long, but they do make nice light fixtures

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.