Earn Miles on Hotel I Dont Check In For

Old Jun 18, 19, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Earn Miles on Hotel I Dont Check In For

I booked a hotel through the Alaska Airlines Hotels Platform which made me eligible for 500 miles + 2000 bonus for being my first booking. I can no longer go on the trip or cancel the reservation so I was wondering if I will still get the miles even though I won't be checking in.
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG 75K
Not likely but you never know.
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP
It isn't like not earning miles for a flight because you didn't check in and actually fly. That is in their system where they can clearly see that.

I'm not sure how they would know you didn't check in at a hotel. They just see that you paid. Let us know what ends up happening.
Old Jun 18, 19, 12:35 pm

Here is the full T&C:
https://www.alaskaair.com/hotels/terms
Key line: Alaska Mileage Plan members will earn Mileage Plan Miles on all Rocketmiles bookings, where full payment is settled with credit/debit card and is not subsequently canceled.

Miles come after check-out time, but I don't see any requirement of actually checking in.
Old Jun 18, 19, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Club 49, Dollar, Avis, Marriott, Hilton, Hyatt, Starwood, GHA, Global Entry
Can you check in for the hotel online, or on the hotel app?
Old Jun 19, 19, 3:15 pm

I booked a hotel earlier this year that was non-refundable/no cancellation on the AS miles/hotel portal. I got miles added to my account 6 weeks before the check in date.

Search this Thread