FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Alaska Lounge Membership + Priority Pass (PP)? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1974288-alaska-lounge-membership-priority-pass-pp.html)

williwaw Jun 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Alaska Lounge Membership + Priority Pass (PP)?

Anyone had experience using the PP to bring an extra guest in when you are already an AL member? Flying Thursday with my immediate family (spouse plus two younger kids) and my mother. I am happy to shell out $25 with the AS Visa for a day pass if needed. But thought I'd see if anyone has used the PP in conjunction with a AL membership.

JacksonFlyer Jun 16, 2019 6:09 pm

You can certainly ask, but I think the answer will be no. PP is you and then allowed guests (of course if the sign is not out). Do not think they will let you double dip. I joked once about using my paid First Class ticket along with my Lounge membership to bring in a third guest...haha...no was the answer. However you can ask as you are already ready to pay for a day pass

PDXPremier Jun 16, 2019 8:42 pm

I emailed about this question and was told they can either check you in an AL member or PP member, but not both. In practice, it might be worth a try to enter with just your mom and use your PP to get her to enter....wait a few minutes and then ask the lounge agent (preferably not the same one that checked you in as PP) if your wife and kids can join you (after showing your AL membership card of course).

williwaw Jun 16, 2019 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier (Post 31209764)
I emailed about this question and was told they can either check you in an AL member or PP member, but not both. In practice, it might be worth a try to enter with just your mom and use your PP to get her to enter....wait a few minutes and then ask the lounge agent (preferably not the same one that checked you in as PP) if your wife and kids can join you (after showing your AL membership card of course).

Hmmm interesting. My wife has PP too. So maybe she tries with a guest and I bring the kids in on membership.

PDXPremier Jun 16, 2019 11:27 pm

That should work!

williwaw Jun 16, 2019 11:46 pm

TBH the real question is if I can convince them to put the USAvSWE game on....

JacksonFlyer Jun 16, 2019 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by williwaw (Post 31210015)

Hmmm interesting. My wife has PP too. So maybe she tries with a guest and I bring the kids in on membership.

That could work

worldwidedreamer Jun 20, 2019 11:08 am

Originally Posted by williwaw (Post 31210051)

Depends on the score...

PaperGlider Jun 20, 2019 11:27 am

Originally Posted by williwaw (Post 31210051)

The match should be on every TV. If the past predicts the future, the AS LAX lounge had the USWNT match on the last time they played.

williwaw Jun 20, 2019 2:07 pm

They had the Chile vs Thailand game on. But they were happy to shift over. And the nice folks at the desk let us in with a head nod. PP was not an option today. But not very full, so perfect for members.