Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Lounge Membership + Priority Pass (PP)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya

Anyone had experience using the PP to bring an extra guest in when you are already an AL member? Flying Thursday with my immediate family (spouse plus two younger kids) and my mother. I am happy to shell out $25 with the AS Visa for a day pass if needed. But thought I'd see if anyone has used the PP in conjunction with a AL membership.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
You can certainly ask, but I think the answer will be no. PP is you and then allowed guests (of course if the sign is not out). Do not think they will let you double dip. I joked once about using my paid First Class ticket along with my Lounge membership to bring in a third guest...haha...no was the answer. However you can ask as you are already ready to pay for a day pass
missamo80 and williwaw like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I emailed about this question and was told they can either check you in an AL member or PP member, but not both. In practice, it might be worth a try to enter with just your mom and use your PP to get her to enter....wait a few minutes and then ask the lounge agent (preferably not the same one that checked you in as PP) if your wife and kids can join you (after showing your AL membership card of course).
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I emailed about this question and was told they can either check you in an AL member or PP member, but not both. In practice, it might be worth a try to enter with just your mom and use your PP to get her to enter....wait a few minutes and then ask the lounge agent (preferably not the same one that checked you in as PP) if your wife and kids can join you (after showing your AL membership card of course).
Hmmm interesting. My wife has PP too. So maybe she tries with a guest and I bring the kids in on membership.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
That should work!
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

TBH the real question is if I can convince them to put the USAvSWE game on....
Old Jun 16, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, 1MM
Originally Posted by williwaw

Hmmm interesting. My wife has PP too. So maybe she tries with a guest and I bring the kids in on membership.
That could work
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Depends on the score...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
The match should be on every TV. If the past predicts the future, the AS LAX lounge had the USWNT match on the last time they played.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

They had the Chile vs Thailand game on. But they were happy to shift over. And the nice folks at the desk let us in with a head nod. PP was not an option today. But not very full, so perfect for members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.