Wiki Posts
Search

New Alaska Lounge Salads (16 June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Is this a thread about the new Salad offerings in the AL or everyone's personal food likes and dislikes?

James
More like how some may personally fling the beets across the AL from a new LAX salad offering with a bent spoon borrowed from the previous flight.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Is this a thread about the new Salad offerings in the AL or everyone's personal food likes and dislikes?

James
< Delta Lounge TM thread hat on >
why do you have to kale everyone out for dishing out some humor?
< /hat >
Old Jun 18, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
More like how some may personally fling the beets across the AL from a new LAX salad offering with a bent spoon borrowed from the previous flight.
And we digress further....

For those that like beets, I can see adding them to Minestrone Soup for a Borscht-esque alternative. You can even add some kale for the greens. Chicken was a good accompaniment to many of the soups too.

For those that don't like beets, just pass on by. We don't need a wiki for the likers & haters.

James
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And we digress further....

For those that like beets, I can see adding them to Minestrone Soup for a Borscht-esque alternative. You can even add some kale for the greens. Chicken was a good accompaniment to many of the soups too.

For those that don't like beets, just pass on by. We don't need a wiki for the likers & haters.

James
♫ If you see me flinging that old beet, each time we meet, walk on by ... walk on by ...♫
pcoll likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Nothing beats beets or borscht.

I tried the beet and arugula salad. The beets were sparse in the bowl of arugula. The extra toppings included chicken, walnut halves, hard boiled eggs were available. I used the ranch dressing but there was at least another bottled dressing (Italian) as well as oil and vinegar available.

I ate the salad trying out the new barstools. They are covered in leatherette and have a small back. 2 hours later, and no ill effects from the sanitation at the "buffet"

I will digress into personal opinion because that is what we do. I like beets.
Attached Images  
Mrp Alert and Flying for Fun like this.

Last edited by PaperGlider; Jun 18, 2019 at 6:09 pm Reason: english
Old Jun 18, 2019, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaperGlider

I ate the salad trying out the new barstools.
Most people would use a fork. How did that work out?
Old Jun 18, 2019, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

James
Is there a difference? I think we can all agree that a salad with beets, kale, dandelion leaves, tree bark, gravel on the side of the road, etc. has NO place in an Alaska Lounge.
nawlins likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Is there a difference? I think we can all agree that a salad with beets, kale, dandelion leaves, tree bark, gravel on the side of the road, etc. has NO place in an Alaska Lounge.
So how did you guess the next salad offering in AS F?
UAPremierExec likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Tree bark goes in gin. Just sayin’
Old Jun 18, 2019, 10:12 pm

Im guessing that a beet and kale salad will be a big hit in LA. Not everyone likes meat and potatoes all day. Everything has it's place. I think beets and kale are both pretty good - and super healthy for you.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by williwaw
Tree bark goes in gin. Just sayin’
I hear those masks that pop out from the overhead compartments have gin... oxygin.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Not so fast - that gravel is organic and gluten free.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
I hear those masks that pop out from the overhead compartments have gin... oxygin.
Okay, Okay! I conceed. This has turned into a "beet"aful thread of hilarity. As light as the salad itself, refreshing! Healthful belly laughs! I note your "notes" and the "beet" of the tune as you walk on by, walk on by! Apropos for those those that "root" for beats beating beets, and the bloody aftermath of a well grounded, rooted, healthy, sustenance, "beet"en to it's demise as it is flung against the wall with a spoon absconded from F on a prior flight having been bent from the super nutrient rich borscht with kale gnocchi! Now who can "beet" that?

James
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Beets are icky.
Beets are awesome but they turn your pee red..... Kale is sandpaper with less flavor
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:49 pm

Beets are icky.
Stamp your hands, clap your feets,
Whatever you do, you can't beat beets!

Mmmm. Good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.