Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refundable ticket issued by travel agent

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Refundable ticket issued by travel agent

Will AlaskaAir.com allow self-service cancellation & requesting a refund for a refundable ticket issued by a travel agent?
If no, will Alaska Air telephone agents process the cancellation & refund submission?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Generally, yes. I've been able to change to cancel reservations online for reservations made via OTAs, but your specific case may be different.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What type of TA? Is this one of the third-party vendors sometimes called OTA's, a real TA, or even a corporate TA?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
I'd say just try. If you booked with an OTA and are trying to avoid their fee, you should at least be able to get a refund to your AS wallet for future travel, even if AS won't process a refund to your original FOP online/over phone because they were not the issuing agent.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
If your ticket was booked through an online OTA and consists of only AS travel, it may be an AS-issued ticket.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by jinglish
If your ticket was booked through an online OTA and consists of only AS travel, it may be an AS-issued ticket.
It is most likely an AS ticket (i.e., AS is the validating carrier), but if there is any type of OTA/traditional agency involved, it would be an agency-issued ticket, not an AS-issued ticket. The OTA is acting as authorized agent for AS.

Generally ticket refunds/exchanges are referred back to the issuing agent (but, again, you should have the option to cancel directly for a credit to your AS wallet).
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
As long as the ticket is a published fare and NOT a private fare, then you should be fine.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
As long as the ticket is a published fare and NOT a private fare, then you should be fine.
I run into this quite often with our corporate booking engine. I'm pretty sure every fare is a "private" fare. However, I call AS to upfare to F and they have no problem talking to rates and getting me a suitable F fare. After that, AS controls the ticket and I can do everything I need to on their website.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 9:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If this is a ticket issued by a corporate TA, particularly under a corporate contract, the issue is largely controlled by your employer. It is possible to inhibit the takeover of a ticket (other than in IRROPS) and it is possible to have the TA notified in the background of any changes. Some employers care a great deal about this and some do not care at all. Thus, best to see how your employer feels about this in the first instance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.