FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Partner Wish List (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1973312-partner-wish-list.html)

ffman999 Jun 9, 2019 4:30 pm

Partner Wish List

Who is on your wish list to be the next AS Mileage Plan partner? I’ve long hoped that they would somehow become partners with QR (maybe if the airline started service to SEA), even though I think there is almost zero chance as long as AS and EK are partners. But man I love QR’s J class!

missamo80 Jun 9, 2019 4:41 pm

WestJet, but alas it will never happen.

maradori Jun 9, 2019 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80 (Post 31186513)
WestJet, but alas it will never happen.

Hear hear. As someone with family back in YYZ (and moved to AS from AC), it's basically impossible to visit family if I wanted to do it in a AS-compatible way (horribad AA reward availability, and for some reason AS website sells tickets for $1k+)

ANC RED-EYE Jun 9, 2019 5:21 pm

Jetblue. Alaska really needs an effective domestic partnership that has a hub outside the west coast. I really miss the DL partnership that opened up so many options for those times my travel didn't really allow for transiting SEA/starting in the west coast. The AA partnership has also gone from relatively great to pretty much useless.

Outside the US? Avianca or Copa - again, Central America is kind of a hole at the moment.

WrightHI Jun 9, 2019 6:52 pm

Delta would be nice. ;-)

Bretmd Jun 9, 2019 7:12 pm

A new partner means little with no redemption opportunities. I wish for no new partners until AS allows redemptions on the latest three (Singapore, Aer Lingus, El Al).

QT31415 Jun 9, 2019 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by Bretmd (Post 31186849)
A new partner means little with no redemption opportunities. I wish for no new partners until AS allows redemptions on the latest three (Singapore, Aer Lingus, El Al).

AGREE - Also, could they please fix the booking issue on existing partner airlines. For example, though there is existing award availability in KE J, its unavailable to book, for any city in SE Asia. If you remove KE from your search, nothing appears. So in reality, there are no bookable options in SE Asia.

PLEASE Alaska, help us redeem our miles on your partners. Right now I'm collecting reference numbers for the number of emails i've sent AS about this issue (8 so far, no resolution at all)

lonelygod Jun 9, 2019 8:26 pm

KA

To be honest KA will open up so many opportunities to got mainland China. CX operates twice daily HKG-PEK, KA maybe five to six.

milypan Jun 9, 2019 9:19 pm

MU, CA, or CZ, for crazy cheap J tickets to Asia. MU and CA are basically zero chance — CZ is conceivable since they left ST, but seems unlikely with CX and HU already partners.

ffman999 Jun 9, 2019 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Bretmd (Post 31186849)

This is a good point. I've been "lucky" in that I've been able to book premium cabins using AS miles on EK, JL, FJ, QF etc. so I don't complain too much. I definitely hope for redemptions on Aer Lingus though as I travel to Europe quite frequently and BA charges are ridiculous .Singapore is wonderful and would be a great addition in terms of being able to redeem miles (I used to be a UA flyer and loved redeeming Singapore flights with them).

eponymous_coward Jun 9, 2019 10:34 pm

Great, AS can add some more partners we aren’t able to redeem on.

RetiredSFOATC Jun 10, 2019 10:55 am

Originally Posted by QT31415 (Post 31186880)
AGREE - Also, could they please fix the booking issue on existing partner airlines. For example, though there is existing award availability in KE J, its unavailable to book, for any city in SE Asia. If you remove KE from your search, nothing appears. So in reality, there are no bookable options in SE Asia.

PLEASE Alaska, help us redeem our miles on your partners. Right now I'm collecting reference numbers for the number of emails i've sent AS about this issue (8 so far, no resolution at all)

I agree with so many of the comments in this thread, but none more than this one. A partner on which we can't redeem miles (either because it's not permitted or because there is a "booking issue") is worth very little. ALASKA: Can we prioritize this? The booking problems have been going on WAY too long - in effect, it devalues the program, even if, supposedly, only temporarily.

As for the wish-list, though, it seems that there are already a pretty good number of partner opportunities for redemption across the Pacific, IF all of the booking functions are working. One area that I think is missing is a better network of opportunities for reaching and traveling through the SE US. We need something better than 20-30-hour travel times (often with no mileage accruals), especially for those of us in the SW US. If there was any way to bring DL back, I would vote wholeheartedly for that. And premium award redemption to Western Europe is woeful, if you back out the huge "taxes" that are associated with all the BA flights. Something better there, please!

eponymous_coward Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredSFOATC (Post 31188719)
If there was any way to bring DL back, I would vote wholeheartedly for that.

One vote counted for a merger with DL and having to spend 500,000 SkyPesos™ to get to Europe in J. :D

(That's pretty much the only way DL is coming back given they now contest THREE hubs/focus cities with AS: SEA, LAX and SJC.)

Be careful what you wish for... ;)

AKLifetimeFlyer Jun 10, 2019 1:28 pm

Yakutia Airlines (R3) would be neat. Might spur me into taking the ANC- PKC flight

91foxbody Jun 10, 2019 1:52 pm

I'd settle for being able to redeem my miles on Aer Lingus.