Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Unable to Modify Award Ticket to Include Additional Qantas Flight and Stopover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold

So, I was fortunate enough to snag an award from LAX to Sydney in Qantas First Class with Alaska miles a couple weeks ago, when a few were available. I noticed that Qantas flies A330s from Sydney to Perth with availability on my dates, and called in to add the flight after a stopover in Sydney. However, the phone agents (all the way up to "Leads") were unable to add the Sydney to Perth flight without the LAX to Sydney segment downgrading to coach.

^ Anyone have experience making a similar change? They suggested I book the Sydney to Perth flight separately, and even though it's "only" 20k miles extra, I'd rather not if I can avoid it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.