Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Lounge Management Contact?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It sounds like it's more than one person and you really can't kick someone out based on one person's complaint.
Maybe if the complainant brought forth video evidence as proof to the lounge attendant.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
Maybe if the complainant brought forth video evidence as proof to the lounge attendant.
If you want to stand by the snack bar with your phone out, filming people, have at it. I'll be sitting by the window, sipping my coffee and enjoying the view.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
...when she walked away, I brought the container to the bar and told them what I just witnessed, and they took it away, and replaced the container with a fresh one.
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm glad they did that. I'm not sure what more we can hope for. Unfortunately, I don't believe lounge management has the ability to alter the behavior of disgusting and irresponsible visitors (insert joke about them being PP members who shouldn't be there anyway.
And of course they threw the contaminated mix in the trash and replaced it with a new, clean container rather than just adding a bit more mix to that same container and putting it right back out there, right?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Finkface
And of course they threw the contaminated mix in the trash and replaced it with a new, clean container rather than just adding a bit more mix to that same container and putting it right back out there, right?
They actually appeared pretty disgusted, and it took a while for them to replace it - so who knows. And as for another post, yes, I know how disgusting community food can be, and what you don't see ... well, you don't see it. But when you do see it ... and if a health inspector happened to see any of it, that nice A on the all wouldn't be there.

I guess the status quo of "People are gross, so let it be and do nothing, ever" is fine for some.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:56 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can send a request to [email protected]. They may provide a further contact to management or pass it along.
Originally Posted by cblaisd
That email address goes directly to the "Alaska Lounge Coordinator." She replied to me personally when I had some questions.
Huh. I sent an email to that address last week so a coworker of mine could use one of my 75K passes. Never heard back from anyone.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I was waiting for some of the mix, and when I saw this, I said "you're really going to put your hand in there?" She continued to do so, at which point, I told her "that is disgusting" and when she walked away,
This is why I don't eat at hotel buffets, media buffets, lounge buffets or anything else where random people will be touching my food. Say what you want, but people are gross and I don't want their germs. Especially during flu season.
NoLaGent likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:08 pm

none of this surprises me at all. People change their babies diapers on the seats and tray tables on the planes and then often leave said diapers in the seat pocket. They put their bare feet on the seats, seat backs and arm rests in between the seats. They clip their finger and toe nails and leave the clippings on the floor. I've seen emotional support pets sitting on tray tables. I could go on and on and on and on. I went to a buffet restaurant one time with some family. Went to the washroom and saw a little boy go into the stall with his dad - he did a #2 based on what the dad was saying to him inside the stall. As I was washing my hands the little boy darted straight out of the stall and into the dining room - no stopping at the sink to wash. About 3 or 4 minutes later he was at the dessert area, sticking his finger straight into one of the cakes on the dessert area. I told one of the staff there - they couldn't have cared less. Needless to say, I didn't have dessert, and avoid buffets for the most part. People will be people.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tusphotog
This is why I don't eat at hotel buffets, media buffets, lounge buffets or anything else where random people will be touching my food. Say what you want, but people are gross and I don't want their germs. Especially during flu season.
Are the cooks in the kitchen that prepare & cook your plated restaurant meals any better? Oh, and don't forget about the food itself;

The Food Defect Action Levels: Levels of Natural or Unavoidable Defects in Foods That Present No Health Hazards for Humans

James
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by tusphotog
Huh. I sent an email to that address last week so a coworker of mine could use one of my 75K passes. Never heard back from anyone.

I'm immune compromised. My doc told me not to shake hands or eat at buffets.There's my medical evidence.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
It would be nice to be able to call the lounge in advance to see if the "No Priority Pass sign is up before walking over..
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Access to the LAX lounge for Priority Pass Members sounds similar to getting a Pre-Departure Beverage other than water while in First Class.

If getting either is the exception and not the rule, after so much disappointment, we are better off not expecting either.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Originally Posted by rxgeek
It would be nice to be able to call the lounge in advance to see if the "No Priority Pass sign is up before walking over..

And a Priority Pass app where you can make a reservation for the lounge's Priority Pass allotment. Someone call my patent lawyer!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
I'm sure that these are the same people who don't wash their hands when leaving the restroom. So, they probably just left the restroom, grabbed a handful of pretzels, and ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.