Search

Alaska Lounge Management Contact?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Alaska Lounge Management Contact?

I searched around and didn't come up with anything.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I searched around and didn't come up with anything.
You can send a request to [email protected]. They may provide a further contact to management or pass it along.

James
PaperGlider likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:46 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
That email address goes directly to the "Alaska Lounge Coordinator." She replied to me personally when I had some questions.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
You can send a request to [email protected]. They may provide a further contact to management or pass it along.

James
Thanks, all. And in case you're curious, here's what I sent. If you're not curious, STOP READING NOW!

Experience in JFK Lounge yesterday (3 June) mid-afternoon.
Good morning. I would ask that you please forward this to Lounge management. Yesterday, in the lounge, a woman was about to put her full hand into the snack mix container (not withstanding the scoop right next to it). I was waiting for some of the mix, and when I saw this, I said "you're really going to put your hand in there?" She continued to do so, at which point, I told her "that is disgusting" and when she walked away, I brought the container to the bar and told them what I just witnessed, and they took it away, and replaced the container with a fresh one. Shortly prior to leaving the lounge, while passing the buffet area, a man stuck his entire hand in the pretzel container, grabbing a handful, notwithstanding the scoop right next to it. As I was about to depart, I didn't say anything, and just left. Another disgusting unsanitary display of lounge humanity. And this was just two instances I happened to notice in an hour's time. I can't imagine how many hand germs enter the food over the course of a day. It is one thing to have a little germ paranoia. It is another thing when people are sticking their open palms into the food. I would hope that you change the setup, whereby these are either in cereal-type dispensers, or replaced with (wasteful) packaging, as the current setup, notwithstanding the Lounge's attempt to have sanitary utensils, is contaminating the food with a cesspool of germs.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Meh. This is what happens at buffet style offerings everywhere, If you saw what filth people stick into the items, you would never eat off them.
missamo80 and Eurynom0s like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:09 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Meh. This is what happens at buffet style offerings everywhere, If you saw what filth people stick into the items, you would never eat off them.
True--there is probably more of a long term health issue eating the processed food they are serving than the germs that people add for additional flavor
Flying for Fun and sltlyamusd like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I brought the container to the bar and told them what I just witnessed, and they took it away, and replaced the container with a fresh one.
I'm glad they did that. I'm not sure what more we can hope for. Unfortunately, I don't believe lounge management has the ability to alter the behavior of disgusting and irresponsible visitors (insert joke about them being PP members who shouldn't be there anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by cblaisd
That email address goes directly to the "Alaska Lounge Coordinator." She replied to me personally when I had some questions.
Carolyn Swanson was Alaska Lounge Supervisor, looking for her card now. Have not talked with her for a couple of years. I do know they are getting a new supervisor for SEA lounges.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
... cereal-type dispensers....[/left]
I like this idea.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm glad they did that. I'm not sure what more we can hope for. Unfortunately, I don't believe lounge management has the ability to alter the behavior of disgusting and irresponsible visitors (insert joke about them being PP members who shouldn't be there anyway.
They had some horror stories about PP members behavior in the SEA lounges. I just drink a lot of alcohol to “disinfect” myself.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Hertz Pres; Tanquery Million Minier
Originally Posted by pcoll
They had some horror stories about PP members behavior in the SEA lounges. I just drink a lot of alcohol to “disinfect” myself.
Heh. And then there are some of us PP members who just go to the PP restaurants because of how dirty the alcohol in the lounges is.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm not sure what more we can hope for.
They could kick the person out, for starters.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
That non-lounge experience will go away effective August 1 for holders of Amex cards that come with PP membership; hopefully, you have a Chase Sapphire Reserve card - it is not affected by this restriction.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
TH reached out to the lounge supervisor after being yelled at by someone on the front desk for walking into the conference room (by the entrance and it was not in use) to take a call from my elderly mother who was ill and a needed some reassurance and soothing words from her daughter in law who needed to have a quick chat with her prior to leaving the club. The new supervisor at the SEA club is very responsive to feedback.

As for the hands in the jars, maybe this will lead to the use of single sized packages of snacks, I dunno. Lots of plastic wasted, but much more hygienic. They already cover the apples with plastic.

The lounge is full of interesting people - the young girl who refused to listen to me when I recommend she didn't use a metal knife to fish her bagel out of the toaster, the people who think that leaving their crap all over the place and never pick up and put things away, the people who take calls in the bathroom. Not sure if they are Priority Pass users or BR members, they just need to learn some manners and use some common sense and what is left of their cortex.
rustykettel and NoLaGent like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
They could kick the person out, for starters.
It sounds like it's more than one person and you really can't kick someone out based on one person's complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.