Wiki Posts
Search

New Benefits for AS BofA Personal Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2019, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
New Benefits for AS BofA Personal Visa

Half off lounge passes and 20% off of onboard purchases including WiFi. What does everyone think?
Old May 31, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Meh.

Lounge passes doesn't really effect anyone who's a member. Thanks to the generous 2 guest policy I've only ever had to buy 1 guest pass when traveling with a large party, but that was at an AA lounge anyway.

20% off wifi is better than a kick in the teeth I suppose, but not a real "WOW!" moment. Especially with Delta moving towards free wifi within the year.

If they wanted to make headlines, they should've given free onboard wifi if you "pay" with your AS BoA Visa.
Then they could've had some big banner announcement like "Free Wifi on AS flights!" with a little asterisk that you have to use your AS BoA Visa.
pcoll and jinglish like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
This is more like the United approach. But for Alaska, the onboard wifi prices are also obscenely high. A day pass prepurchased from GoGo is better. So its sort of a non-benefit in my mind. The 20% off food and beverage is not going to change my behaviors. It might make the benefit of PC seem lower for those that factor in the drink prices. But we are talking $2 to $5 here.
Old May 31, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by nearlysober
Meh.

Lounge passes doesn't really effect anyone who's a member. Thanks to the generous 2 guest policy I've only ever had to buy 1 guest pass when traveling with a large party, but that was at an AA lounge anyway.

20% off wifi is better than a kick in the teeth I suppose, but not a real "WOW!" moment. Especially with Delta moving towards free wifi within the year.

If they wanted to make headlines, they should've given free onboard wifi if you "pay" with your AS BoA Visa.
Then they could've had some big banner announcement like "Free Wifi on AS flights!" with a little asterisk that you have to use your AS BoA Visa.
I have to agree. The WiFi thing is nice, but not industry leading and once delta adds free WiFi others will hopefully follow suit. As for the lounge I’m not sure they’re worth $25 in current state either.
But the free WiFi with using it to buy does actually sound like a REALLY neat idea!! That or just give us like $10 of free onboard credit to use on WiFi or food or something. Now THAT would get a ton of cardholders.
Old May 31, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
The 20% discount in on-board purchases includes wifi too.

James
PaperGlider likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I was contemplating canceling the card, but I will keep it now with the $25 lounge access. It sounds like others don't benefit from this as much as me though. Nevertheless, I think it was a smart move on AS/BoA, as it really didn't cost them anything, and they gain card holders + $$ from lounge visits.
JacksonFlyer likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
The 20% discount in on-board purchases includes wifi too.

James
The only problem is the onboard prices are marked up more than 20% compared to advanced purchase. But nice if you forget to buy the pass.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by williwaw

The only problem is the onboard prices are marked up more than 20% compared to advanced purchase.
I'm curious what you are referring to. You don't actually pay until you're onboard when using main cabin pre-order.
Old May 31, 2019, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm curious what you are referring to. You don't actually pay until you're onboard when using main cabin pre-order.
Oh I mean WiFi only. Not the food!

Old May 31, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
They didn't want the $23 when AMEX/Chase/etc. was paying for it via Priority Pass. But they'll take $25 when it's out of my pocket? No thanks.
worldwidedreamer and Jay K like this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:52 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ItsAnAdam
Half off lounge passes and 20% off of onboard purchases including WiFi. What does everyone think?
20%​ off onboard food and drink means I'll now be getting my Alaska Visa out of the drawer whenever I have an Alaska trip, so that seems like a win for everyone.
osotoc likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just bought a F&C plate. Price is $8.50. Should the $1.70 post as a statement credit or something?
Old May 31, 2019, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I just bought a F&C plate. Price is $8.50. Should the $1.70 post as a statement credit or something?
the announcement says statement credit.
Old May 31, 2019, 10:58 pm

I was told statement credit within 7 days of making the purchase.

https://singleflyer.com/2019/05/31/n...card-benefits/
Old Jun 1, 2019, 12:20 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, United Serf, Delta Gold
You may get a $0 credit because the new benefits start June 1st @:-) Son of a....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.