Washington DC schedules -- Oct

Old May 28, 2019, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Washington DC schedules -- Oct

AS is evidently keeping the second SEA<-->BWI/IAD frequencies that will be starting up in early June; however, they're swapping departure times on the evening DCA-SEA and DCA-PDX trips (AS3 to SEA leaves 520pm, and AS771 to PDX leaves 655pm) ... the eastbound flights are staying the same, so the jets will be doing turns instead of open-jaws

Last edited by jrl767; May 30, 2019 at 10:23 pm
Old May 28, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Nice to have the double daily to SEA out of all the WAS airports. I enjoyed the PDX connecting option and would often fly DCA-PDX-MFR or DCA-PDX-YVR, but I guess I'll have to route that over SEA now.
Old May 28, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by jrl767
AS is evidently keeping the second SEA<-->BWI/IAD frequencies that will be starting up in early June; however, they're swapping departure times on the evening DCA-SEA and DCA-PDX trips (AS3 to SEA leaves 520pm, and AS774 to PDX leaves 655pm) ... the eastbound flights are staying the same, so the jets will be doing turns instead of open-jaws
As one who flies the DCA-SEA route, I like that change. The later time arrives around 1020 pm, and I'm too fogged (it's 120 am Eastern time) to get in a rental car then, so end up having to stay at the airport Hilton (a short walk) and then pick up the car in the morning. But, arriving about 1.5 hours earlier -- easier to handle a rental car then. Of course, I realize this is less convenient for the passengers on the DCA-PDX route, so apologize as it's a zero-sum game...
Old May 28, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott Titanium, Delta Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Of course, I realize this is less convenient for the passengers on the DCA-PDX route, so apologize as it's a zero-sum game...
Actually, as PDX based frequent traveler to DCA, this is a nice change. In the past, if I had meetings until 5pm, there was no way to make the 5:30ish flight and I had to stay an extra night. The slightly later departure time means I might have a shot at getting home sooner
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Perfect for me. I've been wanting the PDX flight to be the late one as I much prefer to connect through there instead of SEA after wrapping up DC trips. Too late a change for my next trip, though.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
I know the flight loads are much much lighter, but as a (somewhat) recent transplant from SEA to LAX w/ lots of DCA travel, I really miss the 2x daily frequency. If I want to fly AS, I'm stuck with a noonish LAX departure arriving at 9pmish, with a DCA departure of 9amish. Miss being able to work a full day in DC and hop a flight home. Given how frequently I'm seeing upgrades as a MVPG (even on 8 seat pmVX) on this route, I think it's a pretty good indication we're not likely to see a second daily added anytime soon.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
... noonish LAX departure arriving at 9pmish, with a DCA departure of 9amish. ... Given how frequently I'm seeing upgrades as a MVPG (even on 8 seat pmVX) on this route, I think it's a pretty good indication we're not likely to see a second daily added anytime soon.
the real issue at DCA is the fixed number of beyond-perimeter slots, which Congress is not at all likely to increase any time soon ... that said, though, while I scored a handful of MVPG upgrades on DCA<—>LAX a few years ago (and being DC-based at the time, the schedule was perfect), I’m pretty sure the number would have been zero on a 12F 738, never mind an 8F A320/A321
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old May 29, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: DL PM, New Sagaya
I am happy to see that PDX flight too - looks like it available starting mid-August.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

it also looks like the LAX/SAN<—>BWI redeyes are becoming turnarounds ... the change switches the departures from the west coast (SAN-BWI lv 910pm ar 510am, LAX-BWI lv 1025pm ar 645am)
Old May 30, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
Really wish a SJC - DC area service

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.