Alaska iPhone App

Old May 30, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Is it just me or am I missing something? Prior to this software upgrade I was able to go to flight details & add a trip to my calendar, Just booked a new flight and it doesn’t appear, using an Apple 7 with the latest IOS upgrade.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
Hey @FlipCup88:

Overall, I really like the visual refresh. It feels cleaner.

There are certainly still some bugs, such as this one which I have a live repro for (and maybe, unlike anything that depends on sabre or other aviation backend gunk, could be in your power to fix). However, the more important feedback I wanted to give you, and your team/management, is,

THANK YOU for dropping in here! I don't remember seeing it before, and the personal touch stands out among your competitors. I'd really love to see & help you get some sort of official charter to talk and work with us more; even if it's just for feedback threads like this. (I'd of course dream of TestFlight builds...)

More generally, I believe every airline under-utilizes the opportunities hiding in plain sight in their mobile apps to really stand out; and while I won't be so bold as to offer a specific killer feature -- you can do the inventing -- I believe continuous feedback from the power users, the frequent fliers, must be an ingredient in it. Please let us know (or DM me) with any ways we can help you get these apps the feedback, resources, attention they deserve to really kick butt.

cheers!
jinglish and KnownasEric like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by JPat
Is it just me or am I missing something? Prior to this software upgrade I was able to go to flight details & add a trip to my calendar, Just booked a new flight and it doesn’t appear, using an Apple 7 with the latest IOS upgrade.
You can still add a trip to your calendar - they just moved where it's access. If you click the three dots beside each trip on the main trips page, it will bring up options to edit the trip name, share trip, add trip to calendar, or cancel the reservation altogether. I've seen trips import just fine, though it sometimes requires going to the Account tab to push the syncing. Adding by PNR should still work if something isn't pushing right away.
JPat likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:38 am

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Inflight app access

Inflight while connected to gogo or alaskawifi, I seem to have problem connecting to Alaska’s app to booking new flights. Other features like flight status and my account features seem to work.

Jiburi
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Not that a ton of people are buying flights right now, and imagine many have wallet funds to burn through if they are, but I noticed that AS added the ability to purchase flights w/ Apple Pay in iOS in an update today.

Old Jun 4, 2020, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA
Not that a ton of people are buying flights right now, and imagine many have wallet funds to burn through if they are, but I noticed that AS added the ability to purchase flights w/ Apple Pay in iOS in an update today.
Be nice if they added ability to purchase flights with MyWallet funds. You can do this with WN Travel Funds on the WN app.
bmvaughn, ACBLtd, JPat and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by be_rettSEA

I tried this both in the app and on the mobile website and got errors both times.
Also I don’t know why they bother releasing an app update for this given that literally the entire booking flow is just a webpage. The amount of “native” UI in this app is close to zero.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2021, 2:53 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Given that most AS FF are running hundreds of dollars in credits, it really is time to update the apps to allow payment via wallet funds.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat, Kenya Airways Gold
Originally Posted by stephem
Given that most AS FF are running hundreds of dollars in credits, it really is time to update the apps to allow payment via wallet funds.
especially since they now even go so far as to show your wallet balance on the account screen smh
Old Jan 25, 2021, 10:09 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Well, I had a weird experience over the weekend with the App. My KTN was being stripped from the boarding pass when I added it to Apple Wallet. Of course, I didn't bother scrutinizing it and just went right through Precheck until the agent said I didn't have Precheck on my boarding pass. He was right. Oddly, the boarding pass in the Alaska app did show I was Precheck. I tried a few different workarounds and none worked (deleting and re-adding, inputing my KTN number into app again, and killing the app and opening it again).

Just an FYI for others that like to add boarding passes to Apple Wallet. Check to make sure your Precheck status is on there.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 11:57 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Missing KTN

I have also noticed that my KTN is not listed when I make reservations in a browser. I have to add it manually even though it’s listed in my profile. Strange that my companion’s number is listed but not mine.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by mtnsider
I have also noticed that my KTN is not listed when I make reservations in a browser. I have to add it manually even though it’s listed in my profile. Strange that my companion’s number is listed but not mine.
Same experience for me as well. My booking I've made on the browser can't seem to populate my KTN numbers. lately After making the reservations, I can see on the app that my KTN number hasn't been populated. I manually enter them on the app but sometimes app saves my newly entered KTN, sometimes not.

After receiving a non-KTN populated itinerary, boarding pass issued did not reflect "TSA Pre-check". I then could enter my KTN on my reservation, and re-check-in, It would then have a boarding pass with "TSA pre-check".

Jiburi
Old Sep 9, 2021, 8:49 pm

Alaska has released their latest version of the app which has a new look and feel. Anyone else notice the changes?

Beyond the new look, the “Your progress towards elite status” now has a dedicated Alaska segments (required) bar. 👍

Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Took me awhile to find the "my account" information (it's under the "Good Evening" link at the top of home).

The "Messages" feature seems sorely underutilized
Old Sep 9, 2021, 9:56 pm

Programs: AS Gold (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The bar for just Alaska miles is gone now. The transition to Alaska/partner is complete.

Last edited by vanillabean; Sep 10, 2021 at 6:20 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.