Search

Turkey partner airlines?

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 7K, MARRIOTT PLAT PREMIER WITH AMBASSADOR
Turkey partner airlines?

Morning all!

My latest dumb question for you is if anyone is aware of a good partner airline flying to Turkey that I can earn status miles on? Thank you in advance for your help as always!!
Old May 21, 2019, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StephanP37
My latest dumb question for you is if anyone is aware of a good partner airline flying to Turkey that I can earn status miles on?
BA fly to Istanbul airport. But the good requirement may eliminate them from consideration.
EK & SQ also fly to IST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_Airport
Old May 22, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
LAX/SFO/SEA-DXB-IST on Emirates

Last edited by RAD_PDX; May 22, 2019 at 12:51 am
Old May 22, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
Assuming a US origin, since the only nonstops to IST are on TK, you're stuck with either BA or EK as mentioned above. BA via LHR would be a shorter connection than EK through DXB. And I doubt you want to take SQ all the way around to Singapore just to get to Turkey.

It depends on what you'll be buying and how complicated/simple you want life to be. If you wanted to fly business, for example, Condor offers generally lower fares than BA and EK, and even the lowest of business fare sales would still net you 200% qualifying miles and 300% redeemable. So your cost would be lower and earn higher than booking those two others, but you'd end up in FRA and then have to book your own onward flight to IST.

I've seen business fares on DE rival the premium economy fares on BA, though DE's business hard product is decidedly not amazing. You'll have to analyze the accrual amount per partner, your price range, and level of comfort with connecting (including on separate tickets).
Old May 22, 2019, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all going to use Emirates for this one sounds like if I’m understanding correctly if I book business class I’ll earn about 15,000 status miles each way which is awesome I was worried about keeping MVP75 this year so this should be a huge bump thanks again!
Old May 22, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hyatt EXPL, *all* the CC statuses
Business earns 125% status miles, so for example LAX-DXB-IST will get you 10,221 status miles.
The additional bonus does not count towards status miles, only redeemable.

I don't see a way to get 15000 one way without creative routings.

EDIT: As pointed out below, LAX-DXB-IST is physically 10,221 miles. Add in the extra 25% for 12,776 status miles.

Last edited by sudobuntu; May 27, 2019 at 12:25 pm Reason: fixed math
Old May 22, 2019, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sudobuntu
Business earns 125% status miles, so for example LAX-DXB-IST will get you 10,221 status miles.

ahh ok thanks that’s one of my big questions I had - the actual mileage is 6760 SFO DUBAI IST - their site said roughly 15000 for business class including the bonus so your stats make more sense. Thanks again!
Old May 23, 2019, 12:05 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by sudobuntu

ahh ok thanks that’s one of my big questions I had - the actual mileage is 6760 SFO DUBAI IST - their site said roughly 15000 for business class including the bonus so your stats make more sense. Thanks again!
SFO-DXB=8,103
DXB-IST=1,883
125%=12,483 one way for Biz.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:31 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
the actual mileage is 6760 SFO DUBAI IST
I don't know where you're getting that number, but SFO-DXB alone is going to be longer than that.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Also consider BA out of YVR. BA has had some great Business & First Class fares showing up lately. If you are interested in adding a MR to your IST trip BA has an F (A) YVR-LHR-CPT itinerary pricing at USD $5007 return. The fares out of SEA/SFO/LAX are $2400 more and $1500 less than the sales out of the US West Coast over the last 2 years. The itinerary generates 53,585 EQM. As a MVPG75K it also generates 123,246 RDM.

There is also BA J LHR-PDX return for USD $2450. Just throwing out some ideas.

James
Old May 23, 2019, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Here’s what I’m seeing from the app on miles:

Old May 23, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Emirates' Skywards program has a completely different way to earn and spend miles from Alaska's so you can ignore that unless you are a Skywards member and plan to earn miles through that program.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Here’s what I’m seeing from the app on miles:
The miles you see in the APP are what would be earned if you credited the flights to an Emirates Skyward Account.

If you are crediting to AS, the Mileage Plan miles earned would be determined from the Partner Airlines earnings Charts found here.

Here is how the flights would credit.
be_rettSEA and StephanP37 like this.
Old May 23, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Damnit I love you boys and gals lol thank you for your help truly appreciate it!
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 23, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Damnit I love you boys and gals lol thank you for your help truly appreciate it!
There are several ways to get the great-circle distance that is used in calculating the base miles. My favorite is Great Circle Mapper, but there are many others. Don't trust what the partner (BA,EK,etc) says you're going to earn because they don't have much control over what AS gives you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.