Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkey partner airlines?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sturges
There are several ways to get the great-circle distance that is used in calculating the base miles. My favorite is Great Circle Mapper, but there are many others. Don't trust what the partner (BA,EK,etc) says you're going to earn because they don't have much control over what AS gives you.
I use MileCalc to get the distance between cities. It is usually within a handful of miles that actually posts to AS. You can enter your itinerary for a simple one-way/return but it also handles complex itineraries with open jaws or circle trips. Additionally, it now has provisions specifically for AS to add COS and Elite Tier and will tally the RDM based on those parameters.

The only thing it doesn't do is allow for mixed-cabin/fare bucket itineraries. The parameters apply to the entire itinerary where application on a per segment basis would yield accurate results, hence why I built my own spreadsheet (as seen upthread) to accommodate these itineraries.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.