Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quality of First Class on 737 flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Xrayman
... Ability to promptly and efficiently deplane is golden.
this of course presumes your SEA arrival actually gets to the gate without any ramp choreography delays ...

I have to agree with pretty much everything else in your post, as it’s all about maintaining realistic expectations
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 75k, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I've had several bad experiences with ex-VX FAs. 99% of the flights I am on the AS crews are always great, and most of the VX folks are as well. Of the recent bad experiences I've had, they've always been ex-VX people. Recently I was flying SAN-MCO, and the guy working first was just plain rude. Throughout the flight, my few requests that I did make were greeted with eye rolls, or "this is what I have", or "I don't have time for that, remind me later because I'm not going to remember." I'm pretty low maintenance, but it got to the point where I was getting annoyed. He was laughing and joking with the other crew, so I can't attribute it to a bad day. On the way out, I resolved to be polite and thank him for the service, and he just looked at me and said "Ok". I had to let it go, wasn't worth creating a fuss over with AS gate agent or customer service, but definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

MCO-SAN three days later, the crew was amazing. Go figure.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:21 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by mehfisto
I had to let it go, wasn't worth creating a fuss over with AS gate agent or customer service, but definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

It may be too late now, but if this happens again, take note of the FAs name and send a note to AS - for your good and for ours.
They do read these and take follow up action!
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by mehfisto
I've had several bad experiences with ex-VX FAs. 99% of the flights I am on the AS crews are always great, and most of the VX folks are as well. Of the recent bad experiences I've had, they've always been ex-VX people. Recently I was flying SAN-MCO, and the guy working first was just plain rude. Throughout the flight, my few requests that I did make were greeted with eye rolls, or "this is what I have", or "I don't have time for that, remind me later because I'm not going to remember." I'm pretty low maintenance, but it got to the point where I was getting annoyed. He was laughing and joking with the other crew, so I can't attribute it to a bad day. On the way out, I resolved to be polite and thank him for the service, and he just looked at me and said "Ok". I had to let it go, wasn't worth creating a fuss over with AS gate agent or customer service, but definitely left a sour taste in my mouth.

I've noticed the same -- either outstanding or god awful for the VX crews. I can understand what they're dealing with -- a degraded product and a management team that tells them all is great. It's a recipe to kill morale.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:44 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Have experienced the same. Only conclusion is that FA behavior is a wild card. For the small issues (under service or inattentiveness) I grin and move on. When the service is at this poor level I do go to Alaska Listens. Conversely, if I have exceptional service I give positive feedback on AL. Corrective action is sometimes needed. Positive reinforcement is powerful too.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: AS Mileage Plan 100k, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by NWAlaskaFlyer
Have experienced the same. Only conclusion is that FA behavior is a wild card. For the small issues (under service or inattentiveness) I grin and move on. When the service is at this poor level I do go to Alaska Listens. Conversely, if I have exceptional service I give positive feedback on AL. Corrective action is sometimes needed. Positive reinforcement is powerful too.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s a wild card. If it’s on the extreme of the spectrum on either end AL definitely gets an e-mail. I tend to tweet at Alaska for great service as well. Praise in public, shame in private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.