Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Wichita (ICT) and Indianapolis (IND) new AS routes in 2017!

Old Aug 4, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beckoa
What Inaugural Flight will you be on?

May 11: SEA-IND
  • beckoa
  • BOB W
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
Smile Welcome to IND!

Long time DL flyer, but very excited to see today AS announce SEA-IND service! Hope to be on board soon and excited that my home airport is adding another airline. Welcome to Indy!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/newsroom

Alaska Airlines to offer the most nonstop flights to
Americas heartland from Seattle
Alaska Airlines now flies to nine of the top destinations in the Midwest

SEATTLE Alaska Airlines continues the expansion of its Seattle hub with the launch of new daily nonstop service to Indianapolis and Wichita, Kansas starting spring of 2017. With the addition of Indianapolis and Wichita, the airline will serve 89 nonstop destinations from Seattle, more than twice as many as its nearest competitor. Alaska is the only airline to fly nonstop from Sea-Tac International Airport to 35 of those destinations.

We continue to add more destinations from our hometown, said John Kirby, vice president of capacity planning at Alaska Airlines. With the addition of nonstop service to Indianapolis and Wichita, Alaska Airlines now offers nonstop service to a total of 89 cities from Seattle more than twice as many as any other airline.

This new route provides a link from the Midwest to tech hubs up and down the West Coast. Named the No. 1 city for conventions by USA Today, Indianapolis has a thriving business community and is known as the Silicon Valley of the Midwest. Home to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indy is considered the motorsports entertainment capital of the world. With two professional sports teams and a budding craft beer scene, the city is a desirable vacation destination.

Often referred to as the Air Capital of the World, Wichita is the countrys major supplier to builders of commercial aircraft and is home to aviation heavyweights Beechcraft, Cessna, and Boeing 737 fuselage maker, Spirit AeroSystems. Kansas largest airport, Wichita Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport, opened its state-of-the-art, modern terminal on June 3, 2015.

With these new routes, Alaska will operate 20 daily flights to nine Midwest cities: Chicago; Detroit; Indianapolis; Milwaukee; Minneapolis; St. Louis; Omaha, Nebraska; Kansas City, Missouri; and Wichita, Kansas.

Summary of new service:
Start date
City pair
Departs
Arrives
Frequency
Plane type
April 13
Seattle-Wichita
11:55 a.m.
5:13 p.m.
Daily
E175
April 13
Wichita-Seattle
6:10 p.m.
7:55 p.m.
Daily
E175
May 11
Seattle-Indianapolis
9:55 a.m.
5:10 p.m.
Daily
May 11
Indianapolis-Seattle
6:10 p.m.
7:59 p.m.
Daily
All times based on local time zones

Alaska will fly to Indianapolis with fuel-efficient Boeing 737 aircraft. Onboard, customers will get to enjoy more of what they love with free and premium entertainment downloaded direct to customer devices, Pacific Northwest-inspired food and beverages, as well as custom leather seats with power outlets to charge laptops and personal devices for each customer.

Alaska will fly to Wichita with 76-seat E175 jets, operated by SkyWest Airlines, which feature 12 seats in first class, 12 seats in premium class and 52 seats in the main cabin. The E175 boasts cabin dimensions on par with a narrow-body jet. Onboard amenities include Wi-Fi Internet access, and Alaska Beyond Entertainment, which includes free and premium entertainment direct to customer devices and power outlets in the first class cabin.

Tickets for the new routes will go on sale today. To purchase tickets, visit www.alaskaair.com to find great savings, or call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (800-252-7522 or Hearing & Speech Impaired (TTY): Dial 711 for Relay Services).

Alaska Airlines, together with its regional partners, flies 32 million customers a year to more than 110 cities with an average of 970 daily flights throughout the United States, including Hawaii, Canada, Costa Rica, and Mexico. With Alaskas 17 global airline partners, customers can earn and redeem miles to more than 800 destinations worldwide. Onboard, customers are invited to make the most of their flight with amenities like power outlets at every seat, streaming entertainment direct to your device, Wi-Fi and an inspired food and beverage selection featured on most flights. Alaska Airlines ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Carriers in North America in the J.D. Power North American Airline Satisfaction Study for nine consecutive years from 2008 to 2016. Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan also ranked Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Airline Loyalty Rewards Programs in the J.D. Power Airline Loyalty/Rewards Program Satisfaction Report for the last three consecutive years. Alaska Airlines is a subsidiary of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK). Learn more on the airlines newsroom, blog, alaskaair.com, @AlaskaAir, facebook.com/alaskaairlines and linkedin.com/company/alaska-airlines.

# # #

No PIT yet, but solid expansion!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by CGNC
Long time DL flyer, but very excited to see today AS announce SEA-IND service! Hope to be on board soon and excited that my home airport is adding another airline. Welcome to Indy!
And ICT!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AS continues impressive network growth at SEA. I know back in the late-1990s TW flew an MD-83 ICT-SEA for the aerospace business community, the E-175 seems like a great fit. IIRC NW flew SEA-IND circa 2007 when they pursued the Heartland focus city network strategy.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 9:55 am

Programs: Nada of note these days….
I was hoping for a daily to CLE.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
Hallelujah! I never thought this would happen, let alone one week after I moved from Seattle to Wichita for work.

Too bad they can't start the route even sooner. I may even have a chance to keep AS status now.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Well, they're getting closer. CMH-SEA on Alaska would be fantastic!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
still holding out hope for SEA-BDL some day!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
still holding out hope for SEA-BDL some day!
What do you do now? SEA-BOS and drive?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
What do you do now? SEA-BOS and drive?
ANC-MSP-BDL on DL, which is normally fine, but if AS and DL break up, I'll have to find a new route.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Still waiting for PIT and MEM (both begging for service), as well as CMH, CVG, and CLE.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium and Delta Gold
Ground Staff in IND

Will AS have their own ground staff for this one flight or do they normally farm this out to a partner? AA/DL?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by INDEXP
Will AS have their own ground staff for this one flight or do they normally farm this out to a partner? AA/DL?
They had their own staff when I visited BNA earlier this year. Same in AUS right after they launched PDX, although supplemented by airport contractors for boarding.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: MP MVP Gold; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Silver;
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
ANC-MSP-BDL on DL, which is normally fine, but if AS and DL break up, I'll have to find a new route.
Gotcha. I'm based out of MSP and have taken the MSP-BDL flight a few times. For some reason I thought you were based in SEA hence SEA-BOS.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k / AS Boardroom
Lounge access would be a logical supplement to this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.