FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   I have 90,000 miles on Alaska. Can I get from EZE to LAX? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1969172-i-have-90-000-miles-alaska-can-i-get-eze-lax.html)

caseminole May 10, 19 9:09 pm

I have 90,000 miles on Alaska. Can I get from EZE to LAX?
 
Unsure of any partners or code shares.

I'd love to go in Business class.

Is this possible w Alaska miles?

Mwenenzi May 10, 19 9:21 pm


Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 31088917)
Unsure of any partners or code shares.
I'd love to go in Business class.
Is this possible with Alaska miles?

Awards are normally native flights of the partner airlines. With awards codeshare are very very rare. A few in the SW Pacific on with AA ff miles & TN/NZ

AS Award chart-->https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/award-charts
EZE LAX is South America to USA so AA or LA. Both fly from EZE.
May need to go via a transit airport. Only AA have EZE LAX non stop.
A business class award may be hard to get

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minist...tional_Airport

Flying for Fun May 10, 19 9:22 pm


Originally Posted by caseminole (Post 31088917)
Unsure of any partners or code shares.

I'd love to go in Business class.

Is this possible w Alaska miles?

You can fly the route with AS Partners AA or LATAM. Finding availability for J will be the challenge.

James in Dallas

Eastbay1K May 10, 19 10:18 pm

LA is 45k miles each way. EZE/SCL/LAX or EZE/LIM/LAX are the routing options. SCL is a much better connection.

jinglish May 10, 19 11:56 pm

Deep South America awards can be tough to find, but not impossible; I scored SEA-ORD-MIA-SCL in AA J last year. LA is an option as well, but their availability doesn't show on the AS site, so you'd have to use BA or QF to find their award space and all AS to book.

And if you can't find anything from EZE, try to find something bookable from SCL and grab a paid ticket on the KLM tag flight. I flew the opposite direction for something like $150 in Y, which was a lot less than what AR wanted.

WestSideBilly May 11, 19 12:07 am


Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 31089016)
LA is 45k miles each way. EZE/SCL/LAX or EZE/LIM/LAX are the routing options. SCL is a much better connection.

If you're flying LATAM, SCL-LAX will often times stop in Lima anyway.

bkkth May 11, 19 10:36 pm

Using LATAM
 
if you have a AmEx card which allows you to transfer miles to LATAM Id suggest doing this. Quite easy to use LATAM miles for a ticket. Using Alaska miles is next to impossible.

abcx May 11, 19 11:47 pm


Originally Posted by bkkth (Post 31092002)
if you have a AmEx card which allows you to transfer miles to LATAM Id suggest doing this. Quite easy to use LATAM miles for a ticket. Using Alaska miles is next to impossible.

Is it that LATAM partner award availability is bad or that AS just can't book it?

Flying for Fun May 12, 19 1:05 am


Originally Posted by abcx (Post 31092094)
Is it that LATAM partner award availability is bad or that AS just can't book it?

AS can book it if there is availability. It can't, however, be booked online. You need to call AS. QF is a good place to look for availability. If you find anything there, AS should be able to book it for you.

James

VegasGambler May 12, 19 1:30 am


Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31088939)
You can fly the route with AS Partners AA or LATAM. Finding availability for J will be the challenge.

James in Dallas

It may even be harder than it should be.

There is AA U (saver business) space, for example, June 25 EZE-DFW-ONT. AA's website shows this, and EF shows U3 on that date. But AS only offers it with the EZE-DFW leg in coach.
Similar with July 9, EZE-DFW-LAX/ONT

The space is there; not sure why AS does not show it.

Flying for Fun May 12, 19 2:13 am


Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 31092232)
It may even be harder than it should be.

There is AA U (saver business) space, for example, June 25 EZE-DFW-ONT. AA's website shows this, and EF shows U3 on that date. But AS only offers it with the EZE-DFW leg in coach.
Similar with July 9, EZE-DFW-LAX/ONT

The space is there; not sure why AS does not show it.

Does it show on QF? Phantom Space? Can you actually book it on AA? Since you can hold AA for 5 days, it is easy to see if the reservation will complete prior to payment. EF isn't without errors. I have had an EF alert tell me there was AS U space available about an hour after I already located and secured the space myself.

James

NoLaGent May 12, 19 9:42 am


Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31092302)
Does it show on QF? Phantom Space? Can you actually book it on AA? Since you can hold AA for 5 days, it is easy to see if the reservation will complete prior to payment. EF isn't without errors. I have had an EF alert tell me there was AS U space available about an hour after I already located and secured the space myself.

James

Although that isn't an error on EF's part, but a clear example of why their alerts can be useless in many cases. With hours between their availability sweeps, it's common for you (or another pax) to locate the inventory long before EF does.

VegasGambler May 12, 19 11:30 am


Originally Posted by Flying for Fun (Post 31092302)
Does it show on QF? Phantom Space? Can you actually book it on AA? Since you can hold AA for 5 days, it is easy to see if the reservation will complete prior to payment. EF isn't without errors. I have had an EF alert tell me there was AS U space available about an hour after I already located and secured the space myself.

James

You can try to book it. I don't like to hold flights I have no intention of flying. Does AA show phantom space on their own website for their own flights?

Flying for Fun May 12, 19 11:37 am


Originally Posted by NoLaGent (Post 31093266)
Although that isn't an error on EF's part, but a clear example of why their alerts can be useless in many cases. With hours between their availability sweeps, it's common for you (or another pax) to locate the inventory long before EF does.

I don't disagree with you here. Should myself or someone else locate inventory and secure that inventory between sweeps, no EF Alert should be triggered. However, in my case, the EF Alert triggered and advised me of available inventory that was non-existent. The delay appears to be between finding inventory during a sweep and actually sending out the Alert. I use EF Alerts as an additional tool in my toolbox but don't rely on it solely as an accurate real-time depiction of inventory.

James

bkkth May 14, 19 4:08 pm

Transfer your AmEx miles to a LATAM account and book an award. Easy and simple


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:30 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.