Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Ground Staff

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
ATL Ground Staff

Anyone else ever have problems with the ATL ground staff? I feel like they are consistently the worse group of folks to deal with out of an airport I fly in/out of. This morning I got to deal with plenty of sass for making a damaged bag claimed, and pretty much got accused of lying on making the late bag claim. Bags came out at 28 minutes and not an AS rep was to be seen. This was all by the individual identified as the supervisor. I've already let AS know, but it was just like..not this again. Had a problem a while back where another passenger was getting yelled at and then it carried over to me. Anyone else got a location that wins the award for nastiest customer service?
sea_jeff likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by rune87
Anyone else ever have problems with the ATL ground staff? I feel like they are consistently the worse group of folks to deal with out of an airport I fly in/out of. This morning I got to deal with plenty of sass for making a damaged bag claimed, and pretty much got accused of lying on making the late bag claim. Bags came out at 28 minutes and not an AS rep was to be seen. This was all by the individual identified as the supervisor. I've already let AS know, but it was just like..not this again. Had a problem a while back where another passenger was getting yelled at and then it carried over to me. Anyone else got a location that wins the award for nastiest customer service?
I'm sure EWR could give ATL a run for their money (Airport wide, not AS specific)

Try to take down names when this happens and report to AS (which it sounds like you did). If the same name keeps popping up, it makes it more likely that action will be taken.
sea_jeff likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I'm sure EWR could give ATL a run for their money (Airport wide, not AS specific)

Try to take down names when this happens and report to AS (which it sounds like you did). If the same name keeps popping up, it makes it more likely that action will be taken.
Second EWR, and specifically their AS bag staff that I've encountered. I've shared before one particular instance where the baggage office attendant argued with me over bags coming out at 24ish mins. She kept saying no and that "noone else has come to claim the guarantee so they must have been on time", kept bashing the guarantee and Alaska overall, including her compensation. You would've thought I was asking her to pay me in cash for the delay. The longer than promised wait for bags and argument with her was on top of a 3 hr delay, and a super frustrating way to arrive for an otherwise fun trip. Counter this with experiences at LAX where they just ask for my boarding pass, log it and hand me the slip, with virtually no questions asked. If they're going to offer and even advertise the guarantee in their script for FAs to recite upon landing, they need to ensure front-line ground staff aren't making it a PITA to collect.
rune87, jinglish and sea_jeff like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.